Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 15, 2014
4:43:36 PM
View profile
Can't delete device...

I have a main windows 8 laptop samsung nprv515a01us at home.  But if I might go out of town to see my sister soon I'm not taking this big thing with me.  So I got a lenovo idea pad s9 cheap off ebay for travel.  But when I install geniego it says I've already used my 5 devices and have to delete something.  But I can't delete anything.  I click the device and there is no delete button.  Maybe netbook resoultion is too small to see full screen.  But even maxed screen nothing appears to delete and pressing enter does nothing.

I have a main windows 8 laptop samsung nprv515a01us at home.  But if I might go out of town to see my sister soon I'm not taking this big thing with me.  So I got a lenovo idea pad s9 cheap off ebay for travel.  But when I install geniego it says I've already used my 5 devices and have to delete something.  But I can't delete anything.  I click the device and there is no delete button.  Maybe netbook resoultion is too small to see full screen.  But even maxed screen nothing appears to delete and pressing enter does nothing.

Can't delete device...

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 4:54:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you need to select the device that you wish to replace with the new laptop. and continue with the process. 

you need to select the device that you wish to replace with the new laptop. and continue with the process. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can't delete device...

2 of 6 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 5:45:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just called and they said you cant.  You have to do it over the phone (they have to put into the request).  And if you deactivate something it takes 30 days to add it back.   I wish it was possible on my end.  And 30 days is a lot.

I just called and they said you cant.  You have to do it over the phone (they have to put into the request).  And if you deactivate something it takes 30 days to add it back.   I wish it was possible on my end.  And 30 days is a lot.

3 of 6 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 6:14:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sorry but they are wrong

Sorry but they are wrong

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 8:40:47 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ya I just realized that as my moms ipad has a delete.   But then why is my netbook missing a delete button.

Edit never mid the button finally showed up and all is good now.

Except the ipad dircectv app is not letting me watch shows on the ipad.  I called and he said lots of others were saying the same thing so they're working on it. 30 days.  But all s good now so thanks.

Ya I just realized that as my moms ipad has a delete.   But then why is my netbook missing a delete button.

Edit never mid the button finally showed up and all is good now.

Except the ipad dircectv app is not letting me watch shows on the ipad.  I called and he said lots of others were saying the same thing so they're working on it. 30 days.  But all s good now so thanks.

5 of 6 (39 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 7:49:26 AM
(0)
Expert

I don't know about the netbook but my iPad can play GenieGO programs perfectly so the 30 days doesn't apply to an iPad.

I don't know about the netbook but my iPad can play GenieGO programs perfectly so the 30 days doesn't apply to an iPad.

6 of 6 (39 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments