Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2013
5:23:41 PM
View profile
Bigger font on the channel guide

Just a quick comment as I am new direct tv customer or a question?

How come the channel guide is so small with the genie system.?  I called tech support and they were very processional and courteous but it makes no sense. I can not read the font of the channel guide. and the clock is on the upper left hand corner is literally less than an 1/8th inch.

Now please dont say you need glasses lol  And this is only a suggestion but if there is a way to make the channel guide font larger I would welcome anyones suggestions or comments.

Thanks

John

Just a quick comment as I am new direct tv customer or a question?

How come the channel guide is so small with the genie system.?  I called tech support and they were very processional and courteous but it makes no sense. I can not read the font of the channel guide. and the clock is on the upper left hand corner is literally less than an 1/8th inch.

Now please dont say you need glasses lol  And this is only a suggestion but if there is a way to make the channel guide font larger I would welcome anyones suggestions or comments.

Thanks

John

Bigger font on the channel guide

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 5:42:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

No, there is no way to make it larger.  If your receiver is connected to an HDTV the font should be clearly legible. What TV are you connected to?

No, there is no way to make it larger.  If your receiver is connected to an HDTV the font should be clearly legible. What TV are you connected to?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Bigger font on the channel guide

2 of 6 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 5:51:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sorry but there is no way to make changes to the guide.

Sorry but there is no way to make changes to the guide.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 8:21:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know that I guess I'll just have to get glasses to see the darn thing. As I don't have an hd tv.

I know that I guess I'll just have to get glasses to see the darn thing. As I don't have an hd tv.

4 of 6 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 8:36:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

The quality of most SD TVs is unfortunately not good, particularly for text. How is your receiver connected to the TV? If you are using the coax cable, set for channel 3 or 4, you will probably get better quality by using yellow video/red+white audio connections.

The quality of most SD TVs is unfortunately not good, particularly for text. How is your receiver connected to the TV? If you are using the coax cable, set for channel 3 or 4, you will probably get better quality by using yellow video/red+white audio connections.

5 of 6 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 3:45:52 AM
(0)
Expert

Never mind the glasses, get the HD TV with the money you'll save.

Never mind the glasses, get the HD TV with the money you'll save.

6 of 6 (177 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments