Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 19, 2013
11:12:05 AM
View profile
Are the Directv PC App and GenieGo App Win 8 or Win 8.1 compatible?

In searching the forum I saw once reference to the same question but it was not answered. I have purchased a Dell XPS 18 Tablet/AIO and I want ensure it will not only be able to use the Directv App but also the GenieGo App as I expect to use this as TV.

In searching the forum I saw once reference to the same question but it was not answered. I have purchased a Dell XPS 18 Tablet/AIO and I want ensure it will not only be able to use the Directv App but also the GenieGo App as I expect to use this as TV.

Are the Directv PC App and GenieGo App Win 8 or Win 8.1 compatible?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 11:27:52 AM
(0)
Expert

What operating system did you get?  The Windows 7 OS will definitely work, my works flawlessly.  The Android version is supposed to work but we see a lot of posts discussing problems.

What operating system did you get?  The Windows 7 OS will definitely work, my works flawlessly.  The Android version is supposed to work but we see a lot of posts discussing problems.

Re: Are the Directv PC App and GenieGo App Win 8 or Win 8.1 compatible?

2 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 12:51:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Win 8. I haven't opened it yet as its for Xmas for my son.

Win 8. I haven't opened it yet as its for Xmas for my son.

3 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 10:11:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, it works perfectly fine with Windows 8.1 both 64 and 32BIT, have it running on  both my desktop and my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet with full Windows 8.1 32bit.

Yes, it works perfectly fine with Windows 8.1 both 64 and 32BIT, have it running on  both my desktop and my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet with full Windows 8.1 32bit.

4 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 5:44:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hello you mentioned that you have GenieGo working on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. I purchased one last week and loaded GenieGo fine, downloaded my recordings and all was fine. The next night it was looking to do windows updates and all so I allowed them to go and the next day (while flying) it would not work. So I tried to reinstall now I am getting the error "Missing one or more system requirements" and I can not get it to reload. Am I stuck with the 30 days until I can reinstall?

Hello you mentioned that you have GenieGo working on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. I purchased one last week and loaded GenieGo fine, downloaded my recordings and all was fine. The next night it was looking to do windows updates and all so I allowed them to go and the next day (while flying) it would not work. So I tried to reinstall now I am getting the error "Missing one or more system requirements" and I can not get it to reload. Am I stuck with the 30 days until I can reinstall?

5 of 5 (49 Views)