Helpful Links

wireless cinema connection kit question

Teacher

wireless cinema connection kit question

I have the wireless cinema connection box installed.  I live in a very old house.  When it was built, electrical outlets apparently weren't considered to be an extremely necessary item, since there are only 3 of the things in the entire living room.  (grrr)  I have a power strip connected to one of them which has the TV, DTV box, DVD player etc., plugged into it. 

My question is, since the cable from the dish goes through the wireless cinema box, can I unplug it to free up a much needed plugin without causing any problems other than the direct cinema won't work? 

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: wireless cinema connection kit question

You will no longer be able to use VOD or the Start Over Features

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

But since the cable from the dish to the DTV box goes through the wireless connection box, will the regular TV signals be affected if the wireless box is unplugged (leaving the cables connected)?

Message 3 of 4
Employee

no, satellite TV wont be affected.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support