what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

Contributor

what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

OOH is not working on Win 8 laptop in Win 7 compatibility mode and connectivity test fails test 6.  What is this test looking for

?

Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: what is GenieGo connectivity test 6 looking for?

Is the PC software working properly within your home?

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Yes works fine in home. Looks like issue is my daughters laptop which is Win 8. Tried Win7 compatibility mode but still doesn't work; her Internet connection also sucks.

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Has anybody found an answer to this? I am attempting to activate a laptop that is not currently connected to my home network and it keeps failing on Connectivity Test 6 after passing tests 1-5. Does anybody know if there is a work around that will let me be able to activate my laptop even if it is not connected to my home network that the GenieGo is connected to?

Message 4 of 7
Expert

There is no such workaround.  In order to activate the GenieGO on any device, that device must be connected to the same network as the GenieGO and the DVR.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

This is over a year old... and they still haven't fixed this issue.

iPhone lost GenieGo connection after one month ... | DIRECTV Technical Forums

Message 6 of 7
Employee

There is nothing that needs to be fixed as that is part is the design

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support