what is 726 error?

Contributor

what is 726 error?

what is 726?

Message 1 of 6 (15,449 Views)
Mentor

Re: what is 726 error?

Your Access Card is not registering right.  You can do a couple of things:

1. Pull your access card and whip it on a cloth or your pants, reinsert and see if the message goes away.

2. If it does not...go into your account and have the authorization resent or call in and tell them you need authorization resent.

3. Reset the receiver

4. If non of the above works, pull the access card and look on the chip.  Are their burn marks around it?  If so than your receiver needs replaced.

What type of receiver do you have?

Message 2 of 6 (1,355 Views)
Employee

you need to call DirecTV for this.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (1,355 Views)
Contributor

d10

Message 4 of 6 (1,355 Views)
Contributor

what is D10?

Message 5 of 6 (1,355 Views)
Employee

Quote: Originally Posted by stephaine 

d10

???

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (1,355 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support