Explore & discover

Helpful Links

upgraded to genie 2 lost all recordings?

Highlighted
Contributor

upgraded to genie 2 lost all recordings?

Just "upgraded" to a Genie2 today, with four mini receivers in bedrooms. All the movies, games, and programs recorded on my previous Directv box are not showing up in my "recordings". Are they gone forever? I can't find a way to retrieve them or even see that they were ever purchased. Does anyone know how I can find them?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎06-06-2019 11:30 PM

Re: upgraded to genie 2 lost all recordings?

They are gone, DTV has never had a way to transfer recording or settings to a new receiver.  AFAIK purchases are tried to the receiver also.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

If you change any receiver to a different one, the recordings on the previous unit are lost. If you have the ability, hook your receiver up to a dvd recorder and transfer your recordings before you turn it in. Otherwise, you'll lose them permanently.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Recordings are not transferable as encrypted to the DVR that captured them.

Mini Genies (Clients, not receivers) are just extensions of the main Genie/Genie-2 so only show you what the main box has access to.

The Genie-2 (HS17) only allows Clients so puts one point of failure for your recording list. A regular Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54) in addition to Clients, allows full HDDVR receivers which each comes with 2 tuners as well as 500GB (since HR22) recording space. A Genie and 2 HDDVRs is 9 tuners, more capability then the Genie-2 allows and with each having their own recording list and processing it is not a situation of one point of failure to affect the entire system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help for DIRECTV's newest satellite receiver. View Genie 2 Help
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support