software

Tutor

software

model R15 wont load software. Stuck on0% complete. cannott watch tv. tried everything.

Message 1 of 8 (168 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: software

Need more info ...

Did this R15 work previously?

Has anything changed with your equipment or setup?

Do you have other Receivers/DVRs?  Are they working normally?

What type of satellite dish do you have?

Have you tried resetting the R15 (red button behind front panel access card door)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (23 Views)
Expert

Some of the R15 models don't have the software in the stream.  See link.

DirecTV Firmware Watcher

Message 3 of 8 (23 Views)
Tutor

-yes this receiver worked and is working other than downloading software. It never goes past 0% then will time out after 60 minutes. Then I am able to view the channels just fine till the pop up wants to load software again. If I don't say no fast enough it will try to load and just sits at 0% then fails. this will try 3 times before allowing me to view the channels again, about 60 minutes. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.

-I do have another receiver that we watch just fine with no issues. Located in another room.

-I've tried resetting the red button, unplugging input power for 5 minutes and swapping cables.

-I have a model R15 MFR300

Message 4 of 8 (23 Views)
Employee

the DVR might be defective. 

Call DirecTV to request a replacement Receiver/DVR.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, or within 90-days of installation.  Otherwise ~$20 for shipping.  Or ~$50 to have a tech come replace it for you.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (23 Views)
Tutor

Thank you.

I just was on the phone with Alice from Direct TV. I wish she would have suggested the replacement receiver. She is sending someone out to look at it on Wednesday. I would have went with the receiver rather than waste some ones time.

Message 6 of 8 (23 Views)
Expert

The R15-300 doesn't have it's software available according to the link.  This may be a silly question, but are you positive it's the R15 and not some other device seeking a software update?

Message 7 of 8 (23 Views)
Tutor

Model R15 MFR 300 RID-0008 6264 3723

Message 8 of 8 (23 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support