Explore & discover

Helpful Links

show recording does not show up in dvr list

show recording does not show up in dvr list

I guess the best way to describe my problem is to give an example.  okay say I'm set to record 4 football games at a certain time(12pm) at 12:05 I check the list and three of the football games are listed, but not the fourth, I look at the guide for each of these games that should be recording. the ones that are showing in the list have the recording symbol in dark red but the game that is not showing in the list shows a very dim recording symbol and says the game is recording, but it's not in the list.  to avoid losing the show I stop the recording and then restart the recording and now it shows up in the list, like the others.

my question is what is happening when the recording symbol is dim not dark red like all the others. this has happened several times.  it is fustrating not knowing if the shows you set up to record are actually recording. and what confusing is it says it is recording the show but it's not listed.

I should add that this is a HR54-500 that I've had about a month, replacing a HR44-700 that I had for couple of years.  but I think this is more a software issue than hardware.

thanks for any help

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎10-08-2018 11:33 AM

Re: show recording does not show up in dvr list

Yes, it's a software bug. Lots of posts here about "missing recording" issue with recent Genie software.  Fortunately a fix is being tested now, so should hopefully roll out soon. In the meantime, resetting your Genie DVR will bring them back, at least for a while.  Sometimes just pressing "0" to change the sort order will bring them back. You can also find the "missing" recordings via the Recording History and Manage Recordings menus. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 12

thank you for your response, I was missing a football game that was suppose to record and I tried your suggestion of using the sort function and it did bring back the missing football game.  I am hoping that we can get the bug fixed.

Message 3 of 12
Teacher

Hi, I was just told by Directtv that if you push the reset button and while it is rebooting enter code 02468 that this will fix the problem.  I did this but do not know if it will work.  I have techs from another company (DISH) coming today to replace them.  However, they have told me here that I am still under contract with them and will have to pay an early cancellation fee. What to do?  I have been with Directtv for the last 8 1/2 years and been pretty pleased up until the last year. What to do?

Message 4 of 12
Tutor

I have this problem.  Changing the sort order doesn't help.  In fact sorting alphabetically my list stops a shows starting with "L".  I tried to reset my dvr but it says it will cancle recording two shows, one at 9 pm and one at 10 pm (it is now 1 pm) - what?

So, how do you go about reporting software bugs like this?  A few months ago, when a firmware "update" was rolled out, shows from my other DVR disappeared.  I made several calls to support, they even sent two techs out, and could not resolve the problem, because it was a software bug.  Some weeks later it was resolved when the firmware updated.

So again how do you report a software bug?  Is there a known bug list somewhere?

Message 5 of 12
Tutor

The whole "system" ***  since the last "update" which was obviously not tested at all!   The recordings aren't there half the darn time and if they were there it's so darned hard to read now you might miss them.  I can't believe how terrible DirecTV has gotten since AT&T bought it!    I'm fed up with calling them and their Twitter help ignores you also.   I will give them one more week...and then I'm done.   We've had them for over 20 years...but I'm fed up! 

[word filter avoidance]

Message 6 of 12
Teacher

I agree.  I have also been a DTV customer for almost 20 years and the new GUI is just poor.  I can get used to it if it works but it has many bugs and I am irritated they even put the thing into production status.

1. Recordings not shown in All Recordings menu. Sorting in List by pressing "zero" sometimes shows more recordings, but not all of the time.

2. Have to go to History or other places to find them and then launch them there.  Once you launch them from History, then sometimes that refreshed the "All Recordings" and you see all of the actual recordings for awhile.

3. Recordings don't delete when you delete them.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  When they don't delete you have to change view to All Recordings, then go back to the recording and it might delete but sometimes requires multiple efforts to delete.

4. This new GUI is just trying too do too much and as a result, they have a lot of bugs.  I don't like the features but I guess I could get used to them.  They ruined the GUI from before by trying to improve it, adding graphics and all of that. Again, I could get used to it if it all worked properly which it is not.

5.  These issues in the new GUI have been happening ever since they launched it, maybe 4-5 months now and they have not fixed any of the bugs.

6.  The user forum for DTV customers is full of these complaints and still, no fixes etc.

7.  I am getting tired of fighting with this system.  I might have to go to another provider after 20 years.

Message 7 of 12

well, it appears directv/att has not resolved the recording issues which seem to be more on recording football games.  I know that they know of this problem and they have acknowledged that it is a software issue.  show(football games) will show they are recording but cannot be found in the program list, even using the zero button to change the order. the only solution is to catch the recording not showing up and stop the recording and restart it.  This works if your sitting in front of the tv and check the scheduled recording.  If your away from home then it's a crap shoot if you'll get your recording or not.  It may just be me, but it seems that since att acquired direct tv the reliablity of the service as fallen way off. Just my 2 cents worth.

Message 8 of 12
Teacher

Same problem here as well. It is not just football games. However I can usually find the recordings under history and launch them from there.
Message 9 of 12
Contributor

We have the same problem.  I check all of the places that recordings can be listed - history, manage, etc and suddenly the one I want pops into view.  There does not seem to be rhyme or reason.  I do not like the new system.  I suppose it is impossible to GO BACK to the one before that made sense.  I just keep pushing buttons until I get what I want.  Oh yes, there was the time I deleted the next episode when I was trying to delete the one I had just watched.  Guess I will have to wait for reruns to see the one I missed.  Frustrating.  This has been a great company until AT&T arrived on the scene!

Message 10 of 12
Teacher

I have not been able to reply to these posts because At&T locked me out after I switched to DISH. Which has been aswesome for many reasons. But the big onr is the ability to call up a missed show within a week of missing one. Works awesome, great customer service, AND when I cancelled DT they tried to charge me for the equipment I had sent back (with proof and reciepts) that they had received almost a month earlier. AND for a piece of equipment they had replaced 6 months ago, even after sending me a letter telling me to not to bother sending it back (I had already sent it back the day after I received the replacement.) They do not know their Butts from their head! Sad, I used to love DirectTv.

Message 11 of 12
Contributor

I agree - now I have to go to manage recordings to find shows that recorded but don't appear in the list.  DTV will be losing me as a customer this year - tired of continuing issues and high prices! 

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support