Explore & discover

Helpful Links

returning direct tv equipment

Contributor

returning direct tv equipment

I have more equipment than is listed on the items to be returned.  One of the receivers is not wireless but was recently replaced so it is new.  I also have the receiver that was replaced that does not work.  I have the wireless bridge, all the power cords and about 10 remotes.

Do I return everything? or just the items listed on the sheet?

Message 1 of 56
Tutor

Re: returning direct tv equipment

WOW, this was all taken care of. I eneded up having to drive an hour to
return them to a ups store in toledo ohio. Already got the nrf reversed 2
years ago. Boy you are really on the ball. NEVER EVER WILL WE EVER HAVE
DIRECT TV AGAIN!!!!!
Message 46 of 56

That article is for UVERSE not directv. Do Directv remotes need to be returned?

Message 47 of 56
ACE - Expert

@Nothappywithdtv wrote:

That article is for UVERSE not directv. Do Directv remotes need to be returned?

The article on page 1 is from Uverse, but the same process affects DirecTV at this point. The rest of the 4 page thread have explained the process for DirecTV.

To clarify DirecTV remotes are an owned accessory. So you can include in the return, but not required to do so. All that is required to be returned is receiver boxes with access cards still inside and any Mini Genie Clients. Only if returnable models of course. You can post the model numbers of each box you have for guidance if returnable or not.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 56

Don’t ask, just record. They all have cameras in the store so they can Not prevent you from photographing and recording. I did that at a post office when selling and mailing via registered mail a very expensive item. 

Message 49 of 56

Directv has terrible since it split from Hughes. And then was bought by GM. Then Dish. Now AT&T. Same customer service ethics. 

Message 50 of 56
ACE - Expert

@Nothappywithdtv wrote:

Directv has terrible since it split from Hughes. And then was bought by GM. Then Dish. Now AT&T. Same customer service ethics. 

DirecTV was never bought by Dish. They are competitors.

Hughes is currently a partner that they can order a bundle for internet service, though satellite internet is not recommended to be connected to DirecTV equipment.

If a DirecTV box has after the model number -400 that is the manufacture code showing the Hughes made that specific box. DirecTV still uses a few different manufactrurers for their boxes, though regardless of manufacturer code, if same exact model number (the part before the dash) then made to the same specs.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 56

One section says return leased remotes. The other says don’t. I assume mine was leased because I didn’t buy it. Am I required to return it?

thanks

Message 52 of 56
Highlighted

Dtv hughes almost was bought by dish. It merged with news Corp and has had terrible service for its entire life.

2003, News Corporation agreed to purchase a 34% controlling interest in Hughes, including GM's entire share of the company, for $6.6 billion”

Message 53 of 56

An amazing tactic was that before I cancelled I was quoted a minimum price of $100 to stay with dtv. After I cancelled the price dropped to $41

Message 54 of 56
Contributor

I returned my equipment at FedEx but they would not accept the antenna head because it was not listed in their system, only the receiver and accessories. The antenna is only 2 weeks old. Don't you want the antenna?

Message 55 of 56
ACE - Expert

@Marko77 

Only receiver and client boxes are leased. Everything else is owned. So they will not take back antenna, dish, cabling, etc.

Message 56 of 56
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support