Explore & discover

Helpful Links

resolution lights blinking

Contributor

resolution lights blinking

I have a Genie HD DVR box. all of the resolution lights on the front are blinking. What does it mean and how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎01-01-2015 10:41 AM

Re: resolution lights blinking

This usually means that the DVR is rebooting.   Is the Genie DVR operating normally?   If the lights don't stop blinking after several minutes, try resetting the DVR again (red button behind front panel access card door).  If that doesn't solve the problem, then your DVR needs to be replaced. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Everything seemed to be working fine while the lights were blinking. After blinking for about 45min, I hit the reset button. The lights immediately stopped.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Good to hear. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support