Explore & discover

Helpful Links

remote code update for Hisense TV

Contributor

remote code update for Hisense TV

When is Directv going to update the remote codes for the newer TV's. I have a Hisense Ultra hd XT880WUS 55" and my genie remote can't find an appropriate code to operate the volume and power so I have to use 2 remotes. Why isn't there a way to put in specific codes in the remote setup menu, only the receivers pre-programmed codes that won't work

Message 1 of 28

Re: remote code update for Hisense TV

What about trying to enter the code manuelly.

For instance, press and hold the mute , and select button at the same time. At the top of the remote, when you see the 2 green led lights flash, enter this code below.

test the volume. if it did not work, repeat the process, and enter this code instead.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P6420119#h:1020.998

That is a remote control code finder.

Message 2 of 28
Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

and what model of remote control.

Message 3 of 28

Try running through the setup of samsung codes of another asian brand and try next code

Until you can get one work

Ive gotten hisene to work on

Jobs this way

Message 4 of 28
Contributor

Message 5 of 28
Contributor

Here's the answer everyone's looking for including me for the last 3 days.

Hisense TV's are very troublesome to get working with the RC65  and Genie RC71B remotes.

I can assure you that the code 12183 and 11758 work with these remotes when the TV is set to Motorola. However it took  a LOT of attempts to find this.  The only ODD thing I have not solved is the codes will not turn the Hisense TV off. It will turn off the DVR unit and then 3 min later the TV will shut down due to the HDMI functionality. Everything else on the TV control works fine..

Message 6 of 28
Contributor

IT WORKED! Thanks.

Message 7 of 28
Contributor

Your code worked when direct tv's didn't. Thank you! (12183)
Message 8 of 28
Contributor

YES IT WORKS! Called directv to let them know this code. What a time I had trying to get support. Thank you for the code 12183 for my Hisense Tv

Message 9 of 28
Contributor

New Directv remote - RC73 and Hisense TV model 32H3E..... the code 11758 WORKED!!!

THANKYOU!!!!!!

Message 10 of 28
Contributor

I tried this code and a VITAL item is missing in the instructions ...

YOU MUST TURN THE REMOTE SWITCH AT THE TOP TO “TV” while programming the 12183 code.  

Steps:  

1. Switch the selector to “TV”

2.  Press MUTE and SELECT together until the light at the top flashes twice

3.  The light will flash twice after the last numeral of the code is pressed

4.  Adjust the volume to find it works!

5.  Move the selector back to the far left position.

*You’re ready to go!!!

Message 11 of 28
Tutor

I programmed my Dirictv RC65X to my Hisense TV model number 60R8E everything works but the Volume. I have tried the following codes and none of them work. 11314, 10748, 10178, 12183, 11758. Any new codes for these newer TV's?

Message 12 of 28
Tutor

Sorry the model number is 60R6E

Message 13 of 28
ACE - Expert

@will59 wrote:

Sorry the model number is 60R6E

Really?  I'm not aware of DirecTV remote with that model number.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 28
Tutor

That is the TV model number.  Directv remote model number is  RC65X as stated above

Message 15 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support