Explore & discover

Helpful Links

recordings not showing up in all rooms

Highlighted
Contributor

recordings not showing up in all rooms

My recordings in one room (bedroom) won't show up on main dvr(living room) but the main dvr recordings show up on the bedroom dvr. Sharing is on with all rooms on both dvrs. Help!!
Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ddcoop21
‎03-28-2016 10:20 AM

Re: recordings not showing up in all rooms

First thing to try is resetting all of your DVRs using the red reset button behind the front panel access card door.  Usually that helps them "rediscover" each other.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 12
Contributor

It worked took two times but yay! thank you so much!!
Message 3 of 12
ACE - Expert

Glad to help.  Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12
Contributor

This is not the problem.  The problem is a show is recorded, but does not show up on the "list" of recorded shows.  It does show up on the "Recording History" list.  Just talking one receiver.  This sometimes happens when the show is recorded via the series manager, and also sometimes happens when the show is recorded using "search", finding a show I want to record, then recording it.  I just got off the phone with Direct TV technical support and their solution was to reset the receiver.  This time it did work; a show that was recorded last night showed up in the recording history prior to resetting the receiver, and showed up in the list after resetting the receiver.  However, this does not always work.  I don't want to have to reset the receiver all the time as I will lose part of a show if something is being recorded.  But I don't want to have to go through the recording history either, as that is a pretty long list.  

Message 5 of 12
ACE - Expert

@Berdeaux wrote:

This is not the problem.  The problem is a show is recorded, but does not show up on the "list" of recorded shows.  It does show up on the "Recording History" list.  Just talking one receiver.  This sometimes happens when the show is recorded via the series manager, and also sometimes happens when the show is recorded using "search", finding a show I want to record, then recording it.  I just got off the phone with Direct TV technical support and their solution was to reset the receiver.  This time it did work; a show that was recorded last night showed up in the recording history prior to resetting the receiver, and showed up in the list after resetting the receiver.  However, this does not always work.  I don't want to have to reset the receiver all the time as I will lose part of a show if something is being recorded.  But I don't want to have to go through the recording history either, as that is a pretty long list.  

Right.  But this thread is from two years ago, and this was about a different issue.

You're seeing the bug in the latest Genie software.  As you've discovered, you can still select and view those "missing" recordings from the DVR's History Menu.  No need to reset.  This bug should be fixed in the next update.

Message 6 of 12
Contributor

Just had this problem and did have to restart our receiver, and it fixed the problem. (Go to Menu, then Settings, then Reset Options, then Restart this receiver.) Hope it works for you.

Message 7 of 12

when will that next update be?  (this is not a minor problem; should be hot-fixed with expediency.)

Message 8 of 12
Contributor

I completely agree with this. I am having the same issue and would like to know the same thing. 

Message 9 of 12
Contributor

I have this problem all the time since my receivers were updated. Usually programs will show up on the mini receivers but not the main receiver. I've had to reset the main receiver many many times.

Message 10 of 12
Contributor

had this same problem. Reset solved the problem for me, at least for now. so many "glitches" in Directv's genie, getting tired of them. Probably gonna switch back to Dish.

Message 11 of 12
Contributor

I am having this problem too and it is driving my husband nuts.  Switching to DISH after 20 years of being with DirecTV.  Can't stand AT&T customer service, they're so bad!!!!  There were many reasons why - just in case DirecTV is monitoring this thread - like dropping Weather Nation and putting in AccuWeather which is nobody's idea of weather.  The grayish-black line across the bottom of the screen when you rewind or FF that blocks half the program, the navigation of the lists and recordings.  Don't know if they care that they're losing a 20 year customer, I'm sure they don't.  There will be someone to take my place soon enough. 

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support