Explore & discover

Helpful Links

pink screen

Contributor

pink screen

Three months ago the screen on one of my four TVs went pink and said the HDMI cables were incompatible. I called support and they told me to change the input from HDMI1 to HDMI2. That worked for about one week and then it went pink again.  I switched cables with a 'TV that is working. The same TV had the same issues and the working TV was still working fine. I purchased a new cable. No effect. I googled the problem and found a page about changing the natural resolutions. I followed their instructions with no improvement. This TV has a Direct TV box model C51-700. I am out of ideas and the telephone  support people don't seem to know how to help me. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: pink screen

i get this at times on one of my tvs

turning the tv off and back on fixes it

not the receiver, but the tv

i chalk it up to a communication issue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have turned the TV on and off many times in the last three months. I have unplugged the TV. That does not fix it. I have gone through the Direct TV website to have the receiver reset. Doesn’t help. I have purchased new cables. Doesn’t help.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Professor

It's the TV not the receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support