Explore & discover

Helpful Links

movies

Contributor

movies

Is there any way to transfer movies from our current dvr(genie) to one we can upgrade to? We would like to upgrade but do not want to lose the. Can you find them and record them over on the new one?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: movies

No there is no way to transfer anything.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-23-2018 3:57 PM

The only way to "transfer" is to record them the old fashioned way to a VCR, DVR Recorder, or PC with audio/video capture hardware & software.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Also Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54) is the highest level of equipment Directv has, no "upgrade" in the traditional sense for it. The Genie-2 (HS17) is not an upgrade, but a downgrade for most of us per design restrictions. Though anyone with the 1st generation (HR34), I would suggest to warranty replace it which would get either the HR44 or HR54 depending on stock.

In my experience, agents who came over from AT&T are not familiar with a lot of long standing equipment and how best they can mix and match. Also some agents push to hard for that Genie-2 which might work in certain setups (if post launch bugs are finally squashed), but too often it is not the best setup for the individual. Other customers here can help give guidance.

What are the models of each box you have now?

Are you looking to add TVs, or just upgrade options for what you currently have?

Anything in particular you were wanting to gain from an upgrade?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support