Explore & discover

Helpful Links

hr54 and 4k

ACE - Master

hr54 and 4k

ATT/Directv

please stop telling people the hr54 is a 4k unit

it is not.

it can only feed 1 4k stream to either a c61k, or rvu tv.

you do not currently have a box that outputs 4k without connecting to another box

its a patched system and really need to be addressed.

be honest with your customers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 19
ACE - Expert

Re: hr54 and 4k

I've heard nothing new.  I think most of DirecTV's engineering effort has been focused on rolling out DirecTV Now. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
ACE - Master

@litzdog911 wrote:

I've heard nothing new.  I think most of DirecTV's engineering effort has been focused on rolling out DirecTV Now. 

which is really a competitor to themselves

that it it wont benifit a large portion of thier subs.

wonder what percent of dtv users have no internet access?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 17 of 19
Contributor

Thats incorrect yea the 4k genie mini c61k if connected with the hr 54 the c61k can play 4K and channle 104 and 105 and 106 in 4k with the c61k
Message 18 of 19
ACE - Expert

Yes a lot of confusion regarding 4K installs. Here is a quick overview.

4K Requirements:

HR54 Genie on non 4K tv (can connect to 4K tv, but will not provide 4K content)

C61K Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Directv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

At this time there are only three 4K channels. 1 regular, 1 select events, 1 PPV.

Even if you have multiple C61K clients, only one tv can be using a 4K channel at a time.

An RVU Client, otherwise known as a Directv Ready TV, can be used instead of C61K with proper BB Deca install by Directv tech. However it is not recommended as more dependent on the maker of your tv for support.

A new system the HS17 (aka Genie 2) is in beta testing (so not launched yet). Big feature is it can support up to 2 tvs enjoying 4K at the same time. Solidsignal got a nice early review, but this may change by the time it is out of testing so keep in mind if you look it over. http://forums.solidsignal.com/docs/Hands%20On%20HS17.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support