Explore & discover

Helpful Links

hr54 and 4k

ACE - Master

hr54 and 4k

ATT/Directv

please stop telling people the hr54 is a 4k unit

it is not.

it can only feed 1 4k stream to either a c61k, or rvu tv.

you do not currently have a box that outputs 4k without connecting to another box

its a patched system and really need to be addressed.

be honest with your customers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 19
Scholar

Re: hr54 and 4k

THANK YOU!!!!!! 

Message 2 of 19
ACE - Master

i thought this might help people who are getting new installs

or sho just dont know the equipment (including many CSR's!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 19
Contributor

I'm dealing with the same issue now.  I explained the TV's ane equipment I had when they scheduled install.  Then I find out they didn't install a HR54 and I called in, I was told I had to pay a fee for new install and purchase the HR54 and a 4k Genie mini.  I told them I was going to cancel serivce.  So they did a warranty replacment on the HR44 to the HR54... today I got a brand new HR44.... I've been on the phone with these people far too long for what I'm getting!

Message 4 of 19
ACE - Expert

None of the Genies can output 4K over HDMI but they all will record 4K PPV movies but the HR54 is the only 1 that will get the 4K channels.

The rumors are that DTV/AT&T are working on an all in one box that will probably work with DTV ready TVs so there is no need for extra STB.

Message 5 of 19
Contributor

Same issue I ran in to. I read on the DTV website that they had 4K on demand and 4K dedicated channels. I specifically asked for a 4K install assuming the the HR54 was a 4K DVR... NOT TRUE.

You can only get 4 K on a cobbled system involving RVU on a compatible TV...which I tried and has severely limited capabilities on the menu and program guide... plus you are forced to use the TV remote (limited funtionality on Samsung TV's) OR... put your HR54 on a NON 4K TV and the 4K mini on your main TV--the 4K...after all...who has a 4K TV as their secondary TV?

DTV still does NOT have a 4K DVR..period. If the DVR cannot output 4K on HDMI, it is not a 4K DVR. PLUS...it took three different installers to figure out how to hook it up. The first guy told me "your 4K will come as a download on your DVR within 24 hours".... he knew nothing about RVU or a 4K mini.  supposedly the Hopper 3 has 4K output capability....   Come on Direc TV..... get it together. When will you have a stand alone 4K DVR??

Message 6 of 19
ACE - Master

@shannon02 wrote:

None of the Genies can output 4K over HDMI but they all will record 4K PPV movies but the HR54 is the only 1 that will get the 4K channels.

The rumors are that DTV/AT&T are working on an all in one box that will probably work with DTV ready TVs so there is no need for extra STB.

that would be accaptable if it has enough tuners to be a true server

also, there would be no fee for it, just the clients

as it is now if you have 1 4k tv and want 4k service, you have 2 fees

Message 7 of 19
ACE - Expert

I'm sure DTV will keep the same pricing plan, the superbox will be the Genie and there will be additional TV fees.

Message 8 of 19
ACE - Master

just a bump

Message 9 of 19
ACE - Master

just to let more people know

Message 10 of 19
ACE - Master

for new people

Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
ACE - Master

here we go again

in response to this post

https://forums.att.com/t5/Set-up/Want-to-get-DIRECTV-4K-TV/m-p/4883221#M791

which states

What you need for DIRECTV 4K streaming:

1. A manufacturer certified 4K ready TV – If your 4K TV is not certified DIRECTV Ready, you will need our latest Genie
  2. An authorized 4K customer account (Ultimate or Premier Package)
  3. 2.0 HDMI cables
  4. Professional installation

you need a genie MINI, a genie alone will not get 4k

Message 12 of 19
ACE - Master

first of the month bump, just because i would like people to know

Message 13 of 19
ACE - Master

with all the 4k questions popping up.........

Message 14 of 19
ACE - Master

just bumping this up, and asking if there is any info on a new receiver yet

Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support