Explore & discover

Helpful Links

how do I watch a recorded dvr show on my desktop computer

Highlighted
Contributor

how do I watch a recorded dvr show on my desktop computer

I have set up my Kindle to watch dvr recorded shows.  Cannot get desktop computer recognize dvr.  What do I need to do?  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-27-2017 10:43 AM

Re: how do I watch a recorded dvr show on my desktop computer

there is no official way

there is no windows or mac app

some people install an android emulator such as nox, and then install the android app

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Downloaded  a nox program and downloaded the Directv app so far so good.  However, could not get the Directv app to work.  Will continue to try, but not being very efficient computers and streaming may give up and use my Kindle. 

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

This is terrible I use to be able to set programs to record from anywhere. It still works on one laptop where the link is in the history. I do not subscribe to premium services to lose functionality

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@KSJudge wrote:

This is terrible I use to be able to set programs to record from anywhere. It still works on one laptop where the link is in the history. I do not subscribe to premium services to lose functionality

You should still be able to set up recordings using the Guide on directv.com, or using the DirecTV app on your phone/tablet.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support