Explore & discover

Helpful Links

dvr recordings missing from playlist

Tutor

dvr recordings missing from playlist

When my DVR records a show the title goes onto my playlist.  It used to stay there until I watched or deleted it.  Now it is gone after one day.  I did discover the recordings on the History list but there are 600 titles listed in my History and it takes forever to scroll through to find a particular recording.  I have two other receivers which have all my recordings listed in the playlist.  How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 68
ACE - Expert

Re: dvr recordings missing from playlist

It's a bug in Whole Home. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 68
Scholar

A NEW PROBLEM JUST HAPPENED........... In addition to duplicates and a screen that has poor visibility.........................

15 of my previously recorded programs are now MISSING under My  "Playlist" > All Recordings.  They are just GONE.  All it's showing now is 1 TV show and 5 Movies.  But LO AND BEHOLD, when I dropped down to "MOVIES" ........THERE THEY ARE, and I find my American Ninja Warriors TV show that I recorded a couple days ago  is now listed under Sports. 

Will Someone tell me WHY, AT 5PM ALL THOSE MOVIES AND TV SHOWS were listed under "ALL RECORDINGS"............and at 10pm, they are now scattered all over the place???  This is one F-Up software program. THIS IS REALLY DISGUSTING.

Message 3 of 68
ACE - Expert

@leewos wrote:

A NEW PROBLEM JUST HAPPENED........... In addition to duplicates and a screen that has poor visibility.........................

15 of my previously recorded programs are now MISSING under My  "Playlist" > All Recordings.  They are just GONE.  All it's showing now is 1 TV show and 5 Movies.  But LO AND BEHOLD, when I dropped down to "MOVIES" ........THERE THEY ARE, and I find my American Ninja Warriors TV show that I recorded a couple days ago  is now listed under Sports. 

Will Someone tell me WHY, AT 5PM ALL THOSE MOVIES AND TV SHOWS were listed under "ALL RECORDINGS"............and at 10pm, they are now scattered all over the place???  This is one F-Up software program. THIS IS REALLY DISGUSTING.

It's a known bug. Should be fixed in the next update.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 68
ACE - Expert

It's fixed in the latest version in beta test.

Message 5 of 68
Scholar

This never happened with the OLD program.  This is what is disturbing.  They don’t TEST IT BEFORE SHOVING THIS NEW STUFF DOWN OUR THROATS....leaving us to deal with the aftermath.  It’s been 6+ months of duplicates in series manager.....STILL NOT FIXED.     

Yea, yea.....” SHOULD “ be fixed in the next update....when ever that might be.  Let me check my crystal ball.  As of today, all recordings still scattered around, UNLESS I PUSH 0 ( to list them in alphabetical order) .....then they magically all reappear under my playlist, all recordings.  But WHY should I have to push 0 in the first place?  RIDICULOUS 

Message 6 of 68
Teacher

Well,at least we know we're not alone in this [word filter avoidance] of a disaster that Direct TV calls a "new and improved" guide.  BALONEY!!!!!!!  We are sooo sick and tired of pulling up our playlist to find that the library of recordings we want to keep and watch when we want to watch and delete when we decide to delete has disappeared.  We should not have to reboot the system every time we want to see our complete playlist. OH and the strange thing is that the 2 smaller boxes we have in other rooms have got the total playlist. It's just our main Genie box with the problem.    And what the heck is this nonsense about "last chance"? Who has decided when to auto-delete MY programs????? Some serious thought is being given to seeking a different provider.

In the meantime, DirectTV should be giving a rebate/discount to its customers until this guide is totally fixed because they are not providing the services for which we are paying. 

Message 7 of 68

Same her - The case of the missing and reappearing shows continues?

Message 8 of 68
Scholar

Maybe A T & T will fix it as a Christmas Present sometime by in December.   Also noticed that if you pick an actor and want information as to the list of MOVIES AND TV SHOWS they were in......the OLD format it would list them all........NEW FORMAT......just shoWS  the NUMBER  of movies or tv shows they were in...nothing else....just a blank screen. THANKS for “IMPROVEMENT “ too AT&T.  

Message 9 of 68

I'm sure I am not alone in echoing your concerns.

Message 10 of 68
Tutor

I spoke with customer service last week and they told me to unplug my receiver and then plug back in. I did that and got my entire playlist back. Three days later, same problem, same solution. Today the list is only half there. I will have to unplug again. This is the most inconvenient. I will contact them again about this mess.
Message 11 of 68
Tutor

I spoke with customer service last week. They told me to unplug receiver. I did that and when I plugged it back in, my entire list was restored. Since then, I have had to do the same thing two more times and now part of my playlist is missing again. I will contact their customer service again and see how long they expect us to put up with this mess. So inconvenient.
Message 12 of 68
Scholar

I just KNEW that when AT&T  took over, DIRECTV was doomed.  As a matter of fact, I said to a tech shortly after they bought them, I hope AT&T doesn’t mess up a good thing......  we’ll they sure did.   I have NO ILLUSIONS that AT&T actually cares about problems it creates..... case in point, the current issue.  They have to KNOW the problem exists, and a fix shouldn’t be that hard...after all, their the ones who created the program.   I quit AT&T as my long distance phone carrier  years ago, when they started charging me a $5.00 SERVICE FEE  IF I DIDNT MAKE ANY LONG DISTANCE CALLS. Now they control Directv.  What’s next, charging a $5.00 fee if I don’t rent one of their movies every month?   

All I know is they better get his stuff fixed before Christmas......or I’ll be ringing in the new year with either SPECTRUM OR DISH.....AND PAY LESS to boot

Message 13 of 68
ACE - Expert

@mdelutie wrote:
I spoke with customer service last week. They told me to unplug receiver. I did that and when I plugged it back in, my entire list was restored. Since then, I have had to do the same thing two more times and now part of my playlist is missing again. I will contact their customer service again and see how long they expect us to put up with this mess. So inconvenient.

No, you don't have to constantly reset the Genie.  You can select and view those "missing" recordings from the Genie's History Menu.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 14 of 68
Tutor

I appreciate your input on this. I did find that my history contains these missing recordings, however, there are 762 items on that list and it is very cumbersome to scroll through them every time I want to find a recording (They also don't have the episode number or recorded date on them). I can also go to one of my other 2 receivers (which have the complete playlist), select a program and watch a minute or two. Then it will show up in the continue watching folder on my Genie receiver.
Message 15 of 68
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support