Explore & discover

Helpful Links

cost . I know I pay a $7 charge and a 2 year contract if I upgrade to a new receiv

Highlighted
Contributor

cost . I know I pay a $7 charge and a 2 year contract if I upgrade to a new receiv

Model: D12-100
ID: 012803915755
Serial #: A10GC9GQ531599
Access Card: 002992829784                            Our receiver is no longer working.  I am trying to find out how much it is going to cost to replace it.  Also, what if I buy a receiver from a 3rd party what does that do to monthly charges.?  I know there is a $7 monthly charge and a 2 year contract but would there still be the $17 charge.
  Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BlueDream1949
‎10-15-2018 12:35 PM

Re: cost . I know I pay a $7 charge and a 2 year contract if I upgrade to a new receiv

Since DTV is shutting down the SD channels in April rendering that receiver obsolete DTV should have sent you an email with their upgrade offer, replacements don't start or extend a contract only upgrades. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Employee

Re: cost . I know I pay a $7 charge and a 2 year contract if I upgrade to a new receiv

The mandatory  sd to hd offer does not have a contract since it has to be done to be able to continue service.  It also waives the additional monthly hd and dvr fees unless and until the customer has another upgrade in the future.  There should be no cost to the customer.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

@montanahack, correct as long as it's done as a swap and NOT an upgrade, an incompetent or poorly trained csr might not know the difference. The swap offer would include an h25 in place of the d12 (non dvrs) IF they want a dvr then that would become an upgrade (to an hd-dvr)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@BlueDream1949 wrote:
Model: D12-100
ID: 012803915755
Serial #: A10GC9GQ531599
Access Card: 002992829784                            Our receiver is no longer working.  I am trying to find out how much it is going to cost to replace it.  Also, what if I buy a receiver from a 3rd party what does that do to monthly charges.?  I know there is a $7 monthly charge and a 2 year contract but would there still be the $17 charge.
  Thank you.
The $7 is only if you add another TV as that is the additional TV fee, nothing to do with upgrading the existing equipment itself.
The MPEG-2 (SD only) feeds end April 2019 so that D12 would have to be replaced regardless.
Though DirecTV or 3rd party makes no difference to your monthly charges.

DirecTV is doing a complimentary MPEG swap for affected customers to get MPEG-4 equipment. This is not an upgrade, so no 24 month agreement or additional charges to your monthly bill. Since you have a non-DVR, it would expect you would receive a H25. The HD service would be suppressed (so no HD service on bill) if you don't already have HD equipment. You can choose to turn on HD at a later time, but once done you cannot go back to SD only service.

If you choose to upgrade the possible monthly services depending what you choose would be HD $10, DVR $10, Whole Home DVR $3 (covers the account, not charged per TV) if you don't already have the service on your bill.

If you have more than 1 TV, what are the models of your other boxes? This may slightly affect options available, or what would be the best option.

Whether you do a upgrade, or just the MPEG swap, check the order confirmation to make sure everything is as expected before the new equipment is installed and activated.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to troubleshoot your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver. View DVR & Receiver Help!
Additional Support