Explore & discover

Helpful Links

changing channels effects other receivers

Contributor

changing channels effects other receivers

When changing channels on one receiver it will black out tv on other receivers during changing of channels
Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: changing channels effects other receivers

That's typical of two receivers connected to the same splitter. It's why splitting a line between receivers doesn't work. Each receiver needs a cable directly to a dish or multiswitch. A multiswitch requires more than one connection to the dish.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hello Graywolf,
I have a standard receiver from a Trac Star satellite unit on our new houseboat. Great picture, everything works well until our neighbor down the dock turns on his Direct TV receiver and begins changing channels. I change his and he changes mine!!!!

I've switched receivers from other TV's on the boat that aren't affected where they were, but didn't help when reconnected with the main TV in the salon.

Please help.
Thank you in advance .
Betty
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

I'm guess that you're using the "RF Mode" on your remote control, and your neighbor is using the same code with their RF Remote. Under the "Settings" menu you can change the remote's RF code. That should solve your problem.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support