Helpful Links

can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

Contributor

can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

need to hear from anybody on what code works' on a vizio tv

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Re: can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

What model of remote do you have? What model of receiver?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Re: can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

directv remote and standard receiver...hope that answers your question

Message 3 of 8
Employee

Nope, we need to know the EXACT model of both the DirecTV remote and receiver

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
Expert

Jamie,

On the remote, in the upper left corner, is a model number such as RC71.  Then, on the receiver, in the lower right corner is a small card door.  Inside that door is a model number, such as HR24.  Those are the two numbers we need.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Actually you don't need any of that. Slide the switch on the remote to TV. Hold both mute and select until the light blinks twice then press "11758"then select again and then the remote works for a vizio TV. I set these remotes up for customers everyday

Message 7 of 8
Employee

Of course that works assuming the OP has an RC65/66 remote, it won't work if the OP has an RC71, thus the reason to ask for the model number of the remote

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support