Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

Contributor

Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

Trying to install Winegard mp1 carryout satellite. I'm at the part where it shows signal meters and signal strength. I can hear the beeping but all of the transponders are zero's and the signal strength is zero's. How long does this take to get a signal strength. Also the instructions are for a D12 receiver but I have a D10 receiver does this make a difference?

Message 1 of 8 (1,605 Views)
Expert

Re: Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

Do you by chance have the Model SK-SWM3 SWM TRAV'LER?  If so, that is a SWM model and will not work with a D10 receiver. 

DIRECTV Receivers for the RV, Tailgating, Camping

Message 2 of 8 (479 Views)
Employee

Make sure the dish is set for DirecTV by using the built in switches.  also make sure you have line of sight

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (479 Views)
Contributor

No. I have a GM-MP1 winegard carryout.

Message 4 of 8 (479 Views)
Contributor

Hi, Not sure what you mean. I have an account with Directv but not sure about the built in switches. This is for an GM-MP1 carryout.

Message 5 of 8 (479 Views)
Employee

checnk your dish manual online and make sure that it is set for DirecTV 
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 8 (479 Views)
Contributor

I have a carryout anser and it has no switches. When I ordered it they said to specify whether its for DISH or DIRECTV. I ordered the DIRECTV version.

Message 7 of 8 (427 Views)
ACE - Expert

Are you following these  instructions exactly?  You still need to aim this dish because it doesn't aim itself ....

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/gm-mp1-quick-start.pdf

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (423 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support