Helpful Links

Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

Tutor

Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

The Good Wife did not record as programmed last week on either receiver (I have 2).  It's set to record, there's plenty of space and it's prioritized #1.  The last time this happened it recorded on one receiver and not the other, same show.  What's the solution?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

Check the DVR's "Recording History". What does it say about that scheduled recording?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

There was no new episode last week. That means that even if the recording options are set to "new and repeats", if the episode was a "duplicate", defined as one that has been recorded in the last 30 days (even if it has been deleted from the disk) it won't record through a series link. Duplicates can only be recorded if you set the episode up individually.

That can also cause a repeat episode to be recorded on one DVR and not another, if the recording history on the two DVRs is different, although it's rare for this to happen.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

I could have sworn I saw GW on the Sunday schedule, but didn't know a way to check after the fact.  Good thing you're a fan, Brit.  Thank you very much.

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Thank you, litzdog911.

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

my dvr is doing similar things, but one in particular is "my team". i have used this and have also used the word....tennessee. it is in my series mgr. but shows 0 upcoming. even though this saturday it shows up on the guide. it is number 1 on the priority and i receive the channel. i have reset the dvr by pushing the red button. now this is just 1 example...so whats up
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support