Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why have I lost sound or audio for my DIRECTV service?

Contributor

Why have I lost sound or audio for my DIRECTV service?

SL3 LNB PIG-WNC  HR24/500 DVR  ZIP 29123. I HAD A DEFECTIVE DVR AND WAS SENT A NEW ONE, NO ISSUES AT SITE TILL RECEIVER WAS REPLACED. DTV  HAD TO SEND TECH. TECH HAD ISSUES BUT GOT RECEIVER WORKING. JUST AFTER HE LEFT WE NOTICED THE LOSS OF CHANNELS AND AT TIMES RECEIVED 771 AND SOMETIMES NO 771 BUT AUDIO AND VIDEO FROZE ALSO COULD NOT RECORD AT TIMES. QUESTION IS FOR MY ZIP I HAVE 96 + SIGNAL RESPONSE FROM SATTELLITES

101 98% 99CA 95% AND 99CB 96% ARE THESE THE SATELLITES I AM SUPPOSED TO USE FOR MY ZIP?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Why have I lost sound or audio for my DIRECTV service?

An sl3 (slimline 3 lnb) should be aimed at 101°, 99° and 103° the 95° satellite is for international programming,  your dish configuration is wrong. Go into satellite setup, repeat satellite setup and correct the dish type and switch type 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Please post back with your signal readings for each satellite's transponders (and both tuners if applicable). You'll find these readings under "Menu" -> "Setup" -> "System Setup" -> Satellite -> "View Signal Strength". Note the "+" and "-" symbols next to the "Satellite" and "Tuner" entries where you can toggle the readings between the various satellites and both DVR tuners.

Fill in your readings for each satellite and tuner using these examples. A properly aligned dish will show 80-90s on most of the relevant transponders (although some will be low or zero):

Satellite transponders (32 total at 101º)
[Most of your standard definition channels are beamed from 101ºW]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x
25-32 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (11 total at 99º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 NA NA x NA x x x x
17-24 x x x x x NA x NA

Satellite transponders (14 total at 99º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (14 total at 103º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

ACE. The tech said they had to do an exclusion, whatever that means and suggested i get rid of trees. No trees in way now. So i will use 101, 99ca or cb and  103ca or cb

thanks the settings look skewed. Maybe thats the exclusion for trees

thanks

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Professor

What is the current dish configuration in the satellite dish setup menu?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support