Helpful Links

Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

Contributor

Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

We only have shows set to record on one DVR or the other but they record in tandem sometimes and we cannot figure out why.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

Are your DVRs networked using Whole Home DVR sharing?

Are you sure that the show is not set to record on both DVRs?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

You do understand that if you have the Whole Home DVR service each program recorded by either of the HD DVR's will show up in both DVR's playlist?

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

the weird thing is that the shows are programmed to record only from one DVR.  I do have Whole Home.

Message 4 of 5
Employee

As a test go to each DVR and press LIST -> YELLOW -> FILTER PLAYLIST -> LOCAL.  Does the plsylist still shows on both DVRs
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support