Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Whole Home playlist not showing on other DVRs.

Whole Home playlist not showing on other DVRs.

My equipment consists of 4 HD DVRs, 2ea HR24-500, 1 HR24-200, & 1  HR22-100. My dish is SWM  SL5S. Also, a Wireless Cinema Connection kit.

My Whole Home setup has been working perfectly for the last 4 years. But now I’m having a problem with the HR24-200.  A little over a week ago, the HR24-200 stopped seeing the playlists from the other 3 DVRs. The sharing is ON for all the DVRs and the status indicates that everything is OK. The other 3 DVRs can see the play list that is on the HR24-200, but the HR24-200 can't see the other DVRs playlists.  It's like the Whole Home sharing function is one way only. I've reset all the DVR,s one at a time, several times already, I've checked this forum for advice, I ran the System Check and everything seems OK, but the HR24-200 can't see the other DVR playlists. The HR24-200 is less than 3 yrs old.

I've run out of things to try... Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Whole Home playlist not showing on other DVRs.

When you go into the recording playlist on the HR24 verify it says All and not filtered to local.

Make sure coax into each box is finger tight.

Go to www.directv.com/refresh which refreshes the service authorizations like Whole Home DVR. This is done individually per receiver.

You may need to do one final reset after the refresh. Give it 5-10 minutes after the refresh before doing a reset if playlist sharing didn't kick through.

On the small chance something is not verifying correctly in the general network, reset the CCK just so all bases are covered.

Run a system test on each box, starting with the one not seeing the others: Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Info and Test > Run System Test

After that it is either the box itself or an issue with the connection from the others to that one room. You would need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to see if a tech is needed or just a warranty replacement of $19.95 delivery.

Be aware that an agent may offer an upgrade as an alterative. Based on your setup there is definitely one to consider. Replace the HR22, only the HR22, with the Genie (HR44 or HR54). This would net you a 5 tuner HDDVR with a 1TB hard drive, even has the CCK built in, no increase to monthly bill as you have all the services it needs, but traditionally requires a tech out to install because of the increase in total tuners (8 to 11, meaning if you have a SWM 8 you would need a SWM 16) so can check the technical issue of the Whole Home sharing as that is required to be working with a Genie upgrade. Service calls are normally $99, but sometimes are free (or just the delivery cost $19.95) if it is for an upgrade. A way to keep costs low (or possibly avoid) and you get more bang for your buck. Keep in mind any DVR replaced (upgrade and/or warranty) does not have its recordings transfer to the replacement, so just make sure you are caught up first.

As a small note, if an agent offers the Genie-2 (HS17) say NO. I personally would request a supervisor if this offer were made against your setup. This is a 7 tuner (1 less than your total) and 2TB hard drive (same total you currently have), but does not allow any other boxes to be on the account. This would downgrade your system and replace every box you have, loosing their dedicated processing and currently saved recordings. I wouldn't trust an agent who would offer a straight up downgrade, even if it didn't have the post launch bugs anymore. Only upgrade that should be considered is swapping the HR22 with a regular Genie (no Mini Genie Clients).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Had to correct the menu option I listed as had another situation in my head for a moment. Sorry about that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by franhoffert
‎01-30-2018 11:40 AM

PROBLEM FIXED!  I went to the playlist options, Filter by playlist, selected "ALL" (even though it was already selected), then selected Exit, and now everything is working correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Wow, glad I listed that option first. Strange that it was showing the right filter selected but wasn't filtered that way. Guess something was mismatched in the brain and it just needed the setting rechecked. Hope it continues fine for you now. Love it when we can find a simple solution and don't have to wait on a tech.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support