What is wrong with my GenieGo setup?

Teacher

What is wrong with my GenieGo setup?

Hello everyone. I just got the GeneiGo yesterday, followed all the instructions and it seemed like I was on my way to having this work as it should. I have the GenieGo connected to my 2wire router (3800HGV-B) and the Genie DVR connected wirelessly. I have the app installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it installed with no problem. It even configured my router for OOH streaming. I can see the content from my DVR on the laptop but when i try to stream a show, it says my DVR is busy and cannot stream at this time. When I try to download it just says preparing, but nothing ever happens.

After doing some research I was able to check my router and opened up port 8092 and 8093 as some others had suggested but still no luck. A call into tech support today was just basically an hour and a half call were the tech just got info about my system to give to the engineers. I have little faith that they will provide a solution.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?

Message 1 of 48 (3,750 Views)
Employee

Re: What is wrong with my GenieGo setup?

Not sure if this is your problem, but a Genie can only stream to 3 devices at any given time.  so if you have 3 clients currently watching live or recorded TV, the GenieGo would not be able to "connect" to the Genie

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the suggestion but that is not the problem.  It's good to know though. 

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 3 of 48 (351 Views)
Employee

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 48 (351 Views)
Administrator

Do you have a HR34 or HR44. If you have an HR34 you must also have a CCK-W(cinema connection kit) which is needed to make the HR34 wireless. If this is the case you need to connect the geniego to the CCK-W. Later found out this is not true. Thanks to dcd.

Message 5 of 48 (351 Views)
Expert

Quote: "If you have an HR34 you must also have a CCK-W(cinema connection kit) which is needed to make the HR34 wireless. If this is the case you need to connect the GenieGO to the CCK-W."

This is not accurate.  The OP stated that the GenieGO was connected to their router, that's the end of the GenieGO's requirement and attaching the GenieGO to the CCK would be a step backwards.

To the original poster.  On the Genie's remote, press the dash :smileyminus: button.  Does the resulting message indicate Internet connected?

Message 6 of 48 (351 Views)
Administrator

Goto DIRECTV I want to install GenieGO myself. Can you show me how? When asked about your setup click on yes. Also this the way I am connected. Have no problems at all.

Message 7 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

This is an HR44 and yes pressing the dash button shows that it is connected to the internet.

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 8 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

No luck here either,  i've reset the hr44 and also the geniego by pressing the red reset button for 30 seconds.

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 9 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

I have been through this setup, but I think the problem is beyond the common issues others have had. 

I think the issue has to do with my router and the port forwarding.  I have opened port 8092-8093 because this is what fixed someone elses problem.  How do I verify what the correct ports are to open?

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 10 of 48 (351 Views)
Administrator

Port forwarding is not required when accessing the genigo at home as all activity takes place in your home network. It is only necessary when OOH.

Message 11 of 48 (351 Views)
Administrator

dcd. Sorry. I based what I said on the online instructions. Definitely they need to be updated. Obviously it is an either or.

Message 12 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

Oh ok, in that case im at a loss. Seems like I have everything connected correctly but it's just not working WTH?

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 13 of 48 (351 Views)
Administrator

I have no idea either. Here is something I would like you try if at all possible. Disconnect from your internet but leave your Wi-Fi active. Then try. It was reported in another forum that this will work.

Message 14 of 48 (351 Views)
Teacher

Im not sure what you mean by disconnecting from the Internet but leaving the wireless on can you please clarify? 

Sent via Galaxy Note® II

Message 15 of 48 (351 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support