Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watching DVR on tablet

Highlighted
Tutor

Watching DVR on tablet

I have the app on my tablet. I can stream from the app. When I try to select to watch my DVR, I get error code 100 trying to register my device. My DVR is connected to the internet. When I check my account online, it shows my DVR is connected to the internet and that Genie Go is registered. Any help how to fix this?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Watching DVR on tablet

@Karen1010 wrote:

I have the app on my tablet. I can stream from the app. When I try to select to watch my DVR, I get error code 100 trying to register my device. My DVR is connected to the internet. When I check my account online, it shows my DVR is connected to the internet and that Genie Go is registered. Any help how to fix this?

Is your tablet connected to the same home network connection as your Genie DVR?

What Genie DVR model do you have?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Yes my tablet is connected to same network. DVR is HR44/500
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎10-07-2018 3:44 PM

Try resetting your HR44 using the red button near the access card.  

If that doesn't help, try deleting and reinstalling the DirecTV App on your tablet.

What brand/model tablet?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Resetting the DVR and reinstalling the app worked.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Will this also work for HR54? I have never had this problem before; nothing has changed so this is really head-scratching.  I am hopeful this will work for me as well.     

Message 6 of 7
Teacher

Resetting the Genie and deleting and reinstalling the app is often the solution, but I don't discover that I need to do this until I am not at home, and can't do complete the reinstall.

I have had DirecTV since 1994, I had the Nomad which never worked consistently, replaced by Genie, which doesn't work with any level of stability or predictability, and features keep disappearing,like the ability to watch on a larger screen.

DirecTV remote access has always been 98% preventing unauthorized usage, 1% working, and 1% limiting usage.

I spend more time trying to get it to work than I actually do watching it.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to troubleshoot your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver. View DVR & Receiver Help!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support