Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watch from Beginning - New GUI

Highlighted
Mentor

Watch from Beginning - New GUI

Has anyone figured out how you can watch a show from the recorded list (NOT an in-progress show) from the beginning without simply rewinding? The old GUI had a "Watch from Beginning" option that was handy when another viewer had watched half of a show and I want to start it from the beginning. Please don't tell me that feature is gone.

Message 1 of 27
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by turbojimmy
‎11-29-2017 12:02 PM

Re: Watch from Beginning - New GUI

Press List - Select the Recording - Then Press info (button) on remote and you can select resume or start over

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 27
Mentor

Thanks for the quick reply. You were close Smiley Happy

In the new GUI, you have to select the program and begin watching it. Then you have to select info, then more info, then you have the option to Resume or Watch from Beginning. 3 menus deep under "INFO" is not where I'd expect
that to be.

Thanks for your help - it got me there.

Message 3 of 27
ACE - Professor

No you don't have to start watching it - just press list- and move down the list While the large BOX is displayed  press Info and the menu will Be on the left press list again and then move down the list -you are not required to start watching it -unless you want to. 

Also - Pressing list the menu on the left you can move to Continue Watching and it will show the Shows and status left for each recording 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 27
Mentor

My bad - I see that now.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 27
ACE - Professor

Good Viewing 

Message 6 of 27
Scholar

Why did we have to go from simple to complex. Must have been a contest to design a GUI that required the most clicks to do an operation.

Message 7 of 27
ACE - Professor

It may have to do with this GUI being a cross platform for DIRECTV, DirecTV now and AT&T universe it is still being worked as I type

Message 8 of 27
Scholar

You don't understand.  This downgrade takes us from good to awful.

Message 9 of 27
Mentor

I agree the new interface/GUI takes way more steps to do the same operations as before. 

Clunky, Slow to respond, difficult to navigate, locks up sometimes, not attractive, harder to read especially on small screens. 

But worst of all for me it rendered my 4K useless.   Hope they fix this 

Message 10 of 27
Mentor

Auggh! What are they thinking?!?!? This is at least the third feature I've run across on the new GUI where they've taken a simple and commonly used feature that used to be on the first screen selected and buried it in a submenu! Did no one in the redesign team ever take any instruction on effective UI design? Did no one on the design team consider asking a diverse group of DTV customers to review this before they imposed it on all of us? The utter stupidity of this redesign just boggles the imagination.

Message 11 of 27
Teacher

Since they won't fix this I am going to change providers.

Message 12 of 27
Teacher

I just stopped using it altogether too. Now only watching Youtube and Netflix and whatever I have on the plex server. My Mother and Father are so upset that He just went outside to start early on his garden and she is watching tv practically in tears not knowing how to make things simply work. If only I could get them to give up this stupid DTV crap and just watch youtube red and netflix ONLY... I am perfectly happy doing so.

Message 13 of 27
Teacher

Obviously the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) was not part of the process. Any designer should look to reduce clicks not add to it. When you go to list view a large box pops up giving limited information about the series and misses giving the count of recordings while blocking the view of all recordings? Terribly experience overall with the new GUI like all others have stated. Whoever approved the new GUI for rollout needs to retake their Six Sigma classes because this is more a stigma result. I dislike the new GUI so much I am reducing my channel lineup while looking for an alternative provider.

Message 14 of 27
Teacher

Must be a group of apprentice programmers or are they coders.

Message 15 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support