Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wanting service in my RV

Highlighted
Contributor

Wanting service in my RV

We just ordered service for our home and we are planning on taking a couple months later this year in our RV. The system ordered online was the Genie DVD with one wireless and one wired unit for a total of 3 TVs. We ordered the wired reciever specifically for taking in the RV when we travel. We don't want to to through the hassle of setting out a dish and were hoping to get one of those domes put on the RV but we aren't sure what is compatible with the receiver. We don't want to take the DVR main unit with us in the RV. Were gonna leave that home for our kids. We just want to be able to watch regular TV. Can we use this unit or do I need to get a different model receiver. Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm a bit technologically challenged. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Wanting service in my RV

There are companies and, i think camping world is one of them, sells and installs 3rd party systems. We dont back the funtionality and how it works and its reliability is between you and them but i recomend going in that route. They have some pretty nice systems now that work while driving, are only when parked but auto tune and ones that you have to put out a tripod and tune it yourself. and all these systems have SD or HD offerings. Keep in mind, depending on how far you go out of your home area, you will loose your locals and those are set to your home address.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Satellite "dome" style dishes for SD are much cheaper than HiDef-capable offerings.  Most RV-ers that want HiDef simply use a standard Slimline dish with a tripod mount.  After some practice, it's not hard to set up and align.  You can buy kits like this ....

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=rvsatkit-dtvhd-swm

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

If it is a wired Genie client it won't work in the RV anyway, it is essentially part of the main Genie. You need a stand-alone receiver ;like the R25 or a DVR like the HR24. The dish will depend on whether or not you want HD.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by charlami
‎03-08-2017 1:55 PM

Mini Genie Client is an extension of the Genie, as such cannot work without the main unit. So you would need a dedicated box like a H24 or HR24. The H25 (R25 was mistype) is SWiM only.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support