Explore & discover

Helpful Links

WORLD WIDE OUTAGE OF 4K TV???

Tutor

WORLD WIDE OUTAGE OF 4K TV???

I just spent over an hour talking to Directv support. My 4k tv does not work because it can't connect to my network. I was told that this is a world wide problem that has been around for a while. They have no idea when it will be resolved. Is anybody else having this problem?

I would think that they should enough engineers employed to resolve this problem quickly. I went with directv because of their 4K programming. Now I can't use my 4k TV at all.

Message 1 of 37
ACE - Expert

Re: WORLD WIDE OUTAGE OF 4K TV???

Since DTV is only in the US and some Latin countries its not world wide.

Are you getting this message on the C61K mini? Have you reset both the Genie first and then the C61K mini?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 37
Tutor

I spent over an hour with DTV support and a supervisor. they both called this a "world wide" issue. Small world, I guess.  

We reset everything with no success.

Message 3 of 37
ACE - Expert

I would think there would be more postings here if this is a system wide problem but there are bugs in the new HS17 Genie2 that are being worked on if that it what you have.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 37
ACE - Expert

Directv service is United States only, cannot be a "world-wide" issue. Probably meant to say "country-wide" (even if issue is not that widespread). Directv Latin America doesn't count towards this issue as that is a separate service. Directv doesn't exist in other parts of the world.

What are the models of boxes you have?

Even 4K is delivered by the Directv satellite, not your network. What is the exact issue you are experiencing? (symptoms, error messages, etc.)

Message 5 of 37
ACE - Master

i am willing to bet he has an lg tv and is using rvu

there are issues with this, many reports of lg rvu not connecting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 6 of 37
Tutor

Wrong....I have a Vizio M50-C1

Message 7 of 37
ACE - Master

rvu? or mini?

what genie?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 8 of 37
Tutor

these are the models.

Model: HR54-200 Genie Gen 3

Model: C61K-700 4K Genie Mini This the one that is causing the problem.

Model: C41-700 Genie Mini

Message 9 of 37
ACE - Master

have you rebooted the hr54? both the hr54 and then the c61k?

Message 10 of 37
Tutor

yes

Message 11 of 37
Mentor

Disconnect you genie from the internet and then reset the c61k.

Message 12 of 37
Highlighted
Teacher

"Disconnect your genie from the internet and then reset the c61k."  This is the "temporary" solution above.

I had a tech out for 4 hours last week just to find this out when he called support. There is a problem with the HDDVR kicking the 4k minis off the network when the HDDVR is connected to the internet. 

I just called in today and there is still no fix. This is unacceptable as now you have no On Demand Access or remote DVR scheduling ability!

P.S. I have had my service since March and this just started happening to my system about two weeks ago.

Message 13 of 37
Mentor

I understand it is only a temporary solution. I would rather be able to watch tv, then to have access to on demand.

Message 14 of 37
Tutor

I had a directv tech "fix" my TV so I can watch on 4K tv. as others have stated I can have access to on demand. The tech told me that this is a "free" service that DTV is giving us. I politely told him that nothing is free. We are all paying for this in our monthly fee. 

The tech told me that DTV doesn't have a clue how to fix the problem and when it might be fixed. According to him 90% of his service calls are related to this issue.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 15 of 37
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support