Video "drags" when playing back recorded shows. Is there a fix?

Teacher

Video "drags" when playing back recorded shows. Is there a fix?

Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (549 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Video "drags" when playing back recorded shows. Is there a fix?

What do you mean by "drags"?  

What model DVR do you have? 

Which shows?  All?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (23 Views)
Teacher

It almost goes frame by frame..stalling or like in slow motion.  It is happening on all my downloaded shows recently.  It hasn't always been a problem.  Mr receiver is a hr23/700

Message 3 of 7 (23 Views)
Employee

Re: Video "drags" when playing back recorded shows.  Is there a fix?

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (23 Views)

Recorded show can be affected by freeze frame and at times pixelization if during the time the program is being recorded there is a technical issue in the signal reception-ie. bad weather, etc.

Since you said all recorded programming,

• live TV having any technical issue?
  • if you have additional hd receivers, try to access the recordings from the other receivers; that is to check if only playback issue is only isolated on the hr23-700.
  • run a sytem test on the hr23-700 for any error codes
Message 5 of 7 (23 Views)
Teacher

On my android (Samsung Note 3) since the latest update the video playback has been stuttering. Audio seems to be fine but video playback is slowing down then speeding back up to catch up. This is very hard to watch. Same rendered shows on my notebook play fine, so I am thinking the problem is with the Android app, not the processed file.

I tried first birthdaying my complete Genie Go System and uninstalled and reinstalled all apps. Problem on the Android persists. 

Message 6 of 7 (23 Views)
Teacher

Bumping this in hopes that the home office notices. This is very irritating!

Message 7 of 7 (23 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support