Explore & discover

Helpful Links

USB Port

Highlighted
Contributor

USB Port

Hello,

I am new to DTV.

On the back of my DVR there's a USB port. However, I can't find in the manual what it is used for. Can anyone help?

TIA,

M7

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-05-2018 1:33 PM

Re: USB Port

It's not really used for anything.  Once upon a time DirecTV offered an off-air tuner accessory (AM21) that used the USB port.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

I am trying to charge a Bluetooth transmitter thru the Direct TV USB port . Doesn’t work . Help

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Dinosaur82 wrote:

I am trying to charge a Bluetooth transmitter thru the Direct TV USB port . Doesn’t work . Help

What model DVR/Receiver?

The USB port should be able to provide power.  I have my HR44 USB port connected to a cooling fan and it powers that just fine. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

HR24 200  Our service won' t support the genie. There is a port but nothing happens.
Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

Have you tried the one in front?

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Dinosaur82 wrote:
HR24 200  Our service won' t support the genie. There is a port but nothing happens.

Genie can work with regular HDDVRs (HR20 thru HR24, and special R22), as well as HD non-DVRs (H21 thru H25). The difference is Genie (and H25) is SWM only where the other models can use both the old and new cabling system. A Genie upgrade would update the cabling and such as needed.

So whenever you are ready for the Genie, do not replace any HDDVRs with Mini Genie Clients.

Do NOT get the Genie-2 (HS17) as that forbids regular HDDVRs from being on the account making it restrictive.

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Dinosaur82 wrote:

The HR24 USB ports also provide power.  Which port are you using?  What happens if you hook up a different device, like your smart phone?

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I didn't know I had a port in front. Just found it. Will try it plus phone charger in the back port.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support