Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV is not Connecting to Genie Mini

Highlighted

TV is not Connecting to Genie Mini

Every time I try to watch Tv on my Genie Mini it says connecting. I tried resting the box and still does the same thing.  All of my other TVs work fine it is just this one. 

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: TV is not Connecting to Genie Mini

Have you tried resetting your main Genie DVR?

What model Genie DVR do you have?

What model  is the Genie Mini?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10

Yes, I have tried resetting the main  Genie DVR. Now it is saying select a server I am connected to the internet and the other TV's are working. 

model number 

Genie DVR  model number C41W-100

Genie Mini model number HR54 -500

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎10-02-2017 11:55 AM

have you reset the wireless bridge?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10

What is the wireless bridge? How do I do that?

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Master

pics of one here

https://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-WVB-Wireless-Video-Bridge/dp/B00IT9F4KK

unplug it from the wall for a minute or 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 6 of 10

Works after I did this step. 

Thank you 

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Master

you are welcome

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

Can I still run my DirecTV  on my 2 minis if I unplug the main box from my tv

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Deanna72 wrote:

Can I still run my DirecTV  on my 2 minis if I unplug the main box from my tv

Your main Genie DVR just needs to be connected to the satellite coax cable. Doesn't  matter if it's connected to a TV for your Minis to work. 

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support