Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Suddenly Cannot detect Swm

Contributor

Suddenly Cannot detect Swm

Worked fine for five plus years now can’t detect  swm. Reset receiver and power injector. Checked cables. Just not real sure what this message means. Is it actually a connection issue or has the dish gotten out of alignment etc.? Thanks. Ps called dtv tried tocharge me $99 to send someone out. I can promise that will not happen. 😀

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Suddenly Cannot detect Swm

DTV has always had a service charge as you own everything but the receivers unless you get their protection plan.

You would get a 771 error code if the dish needed to be realigned and a 775 error code if the power supply went out. it sounds like a coax or LNB problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I too received a 775 error code tonight. Is the power supply that you're referring to the SWM? I went through all their troubleshooting on the phone. What else can be done to troubleshoot this issue. Voltage in and out of the SWM? My video bridge is blinking yellow too.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

The H44/HR54 have it built in otherwise there is a power inserter somewhere it has a green light connected to an A/C outlet with a coax connected to it and the SWM splitter.  SWM = Single Wire Multiswitch.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support