Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Streaming local channel

Highlighted

Streaming local channel

Have a HR54 can stream channels starting at 202 but can't stream local channels on my iPhone,what am I doing wrong thanks Rick
Message 1 of 18
ACE - Expert

Re: Streaming local channel

Few local channels are actually available for streaming via iPhone.  Are you sure that yours should be available?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 18

Not sure, but I was told I could stream from my receiver to my iPhone/iPad etc.
Message 3 of 18
ACE - Expert

If you have an HR44/54 Genie DVR, you can use the new Mobile DVR feature in the DirecTV App to steam recordings from your Genie DVR ....

www.directv.com/mobiledvr

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 18
Tutor

Answer the customer's question DirecTV! We are not asking about the mobile DVR, we want to know why we can't watch locals (and other select channels) live from the guide... These channels were available recently and you do advertise that you can watch your DirecTV on any device... Well my DirecTV offers all these channels, and thus they should be available online also.

Message 5 of 18
Expert

@JGCosta and they are! You just need the right equipmnet 

Message 6 of 18
ACE - Expert

It's not up to DirecTV which channels can be streamed live.  The stations and networks make that decision, and it has to be included in their contract with DirecTV.  Like I said earlier, not all local stations allow live streaming.  

Message 7 of 18
Tutor

What is the "right equipment?"

Message 8 of 18
Expert

@JGCosta see psot #2

Message 9 of 18
Tutor

I have a HR44/54 Genie DVR and only the local ABC channel is available to stream

Message 10 of 18
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎08-25-2017 11:04 AM

Mkae sure you have registred your mobile device to use MobileDVR 

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 18
ACE - Expert

Please explain how you're trying to "stream"?

With Mobile DVR on your Genie DVR and the DirecTV App, you should be able to record any channel and view that recording on your mobile device.  

Message 12 of 18
Tutor

Not the issue... the problem is that all locals (and a few other channels i.e WGN, CBS Sports) but the local ABC channel are NOT available to be streamed on any of my devices (laptop, phone, ipad) as they were as recently as July... They do not list in the guide.

Message 13 of 18
Expert

@JGCosta again, try to register your mobile device with the HR44 using the MobileDVR service.

Message 14 of 18
Contributor

I believe the answer here is local channels are not available for streaming due to contract restrictions that are currently only allowing streaming access to cable services and the Dish network. If you don't see local channels that are available in your DTV app guide for "watch on Phone, iPad, etc.", then there isn't a contract with Directv at this time. Of course we're not privy to the reasons, but most likely due to Directv lossing revenue if such access was made available. It's technically possible, so we'll just have to play the waiting game to see if the powers that be can afford to pull the trigger. 

Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support