Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Simplied Wiring Diagrams of Whole-Home DVR Service

Contributor

Simplied Wiring Diagrams of Whole-Home DVR Service

Where can I get diagrams that show basic wiring/cabling for this system. Something that shows SWiMs and DECA as well as Co-Ax Cabling and Ethernet cables. I have Sat cables and Comcast cables throuighout my home now as well as Ethernet. I want to see what has to be changed/added or deleted to make this system work. For something as simple as this a person should not have to sign up and wait for an installer to show for an explaination. Sales people are just that, they don't know the technical aspect of an installation. I want to know BEFORE soemthing is installed.

Message 1 of 7
Scholar

Re: Simplied Wiring Diagrams of Whole-Home DVR Service

fearlessleader,

I think this is what you are seeking? -  DBSTalk Exclusive First Look: DIRECTV Ethernet Coaxial Adapter -   http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=170910

Message 2 of 7
Expert

Here's a good DECA diagram.  However, in spite of the fact that you read a lot of posts complaining about the $99 plus $49 installation fee, I think it's a pretty good bargain.  If you price out all of the material required, particularly if you need to upgrade to SWM, you'll spend more DIY.  Note that all SD receivers must have band stop filters installed as well.

SWM DECA install[10].jpg
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Now my question is Do I need a box for every TV set? OR can more than one TV watch the same box/program. Watching the same prgram on multiple TVs is not an issue, I just cannot have a box in my kitchen.

Message 4 of 7
Professor

You can use the receiver outputs to connect to more than one TV, but that uses the standard interconnects like HDMI, component and composite cabling. That is outside the function of WHDVR.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Greywolf,

Are you saying you can come out of the receiver with more than one HDMI and run 2 tv's (understanding of course that both sets watch the same thing)?

Message 6 of 7
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by jewilson2 

Greywolf,

Are you saying you can come out of the receiver with more than one HDMI and run 2 tv's

There are ways to connect one HDMI output to two TV's but that would be an aftermarket device.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support