Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Show's missing on DVR

Tutor

Show's missing on DVR

For almost a year now I've been paying for DVR service and most of the shows disappear within a week or so. They're still on the dvr, I'm down to 30%, but there's no way to access them unless I reboot. I done the "0" resort fix and that only works for a short period then they'll disappear, the reboot doesn't hold much longer either. I've been a DTV customer since 1996 and have always liked the service but it's horrible since ATT got involved. I've been told there's a new update that would fix this issue since February and nothing's changed. I just saw there's a 29 page thread here with everyone having the same problem, The fact is that we customer's have been paying for something that DTV knows we're not getting and has no problem taking that money every month. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].   [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Associated Member (Associated Member)
Accepted by rldvxi
‎12-19-2018 2:04 PM

No attorney will help you get this fixed.  

Fortunately it's already been fixed.  v114b has started rolling out to Genie DVRs, and yours should get it within a few weeks.  

While it's sad that it has taken so long to fix this annoying "missing recording" bug, at least it's finally fixed.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Scholar

Let me make this QUITE CLEAR! The update v114b, which I received yesterday, IN NO WAY FIXES THIS ISSUE!!!!!! My DVR recordings are still missing from my playlist!!!!  This problem, amongst many others, has been going on, unresolved for the better part of a year!

I too, have been a loyal DirecTV customer since 1996, and am equally horrified as to what ATT&T have done to this service.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 3 of 15
ACE - Expert

@MizTek wrote:

Let me make this QUITE CLEAR! The update v114b, which I received yesterday, IN NO WAY FIXES THIS ISSUE!!!!!! My DVR recordings are still missing from my playlist!!!!  This problem, amongst many others, has been going on, unresolved for the better part of a year!

I too, have been a loyal DirecTV customer since 1996, and am equally horrified as to what ATT&T have done to this service.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Really!?!  Every other person that's posted they received v114b says its fixed, as have the beta testers (it was fixed starting with beta test version v1146).  Perhaps something else is wrong with your Genie?  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
Tutor

Lit dog,  what's your purpose here, to tell everybody that they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about? I've been told from since February that this problem was going to be resolved and I'm still missing stuff on my Playlist. 

Message 5 of 15
ACE - Expert

@Vladdy wrote:

Lit dog,  what's your purpose here, to tell everybody that they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about? I've been told from since February that this problem was going to be resolved and I'm still missing stuff on my Playlist. 

My purpose is to provide the latest information.  The "missing recording" bug has been fixed in the latest update that just started rolling out.  

Message 6 of 15
Scholar

@litzdog911, you need to read a few more posts besides those in this thread. This update in no way fixes the Genie Playlist. On my older, non-Genie DVR's, everything diaplays with no problems. Their interface of the  HR24-500 is far, far superior to the rubbish you have been forcing on your unhappy customers for the past year. DirecTv, since being taken over by AT&T is quite literally, hemorrhaging customers who are fed up with the service which continues to decline.

Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@MizTek wrote:

@litzdog911, you need to read a few more posts besides those in this thread. This update in no way fixes the Genie Playlist. On my older, non-Genie DVR's, everything diaplays with no problems. Their interface of the  HR24-500 is far, far superior to the rubbish you have been forcing on your unhappy customers for the past year. DirecTv, since being taken over by AT&T is quite literally, hemorrhaging customers who are fed up with the service which continues to decline.

Point me to a post where someone said that v114b didn't fix the issue.'

Message 8 of 15
Scholar

We’ll see if your claims of being fixed are true.   The last update I got was in August....which made things worse.  I just lost 2/3rds of my “All recordings” list today.  Sure, I found the shows under HISTORY....But why do we have to jump through AT&T’s hoops.  I pay a pretty penny every month and we expect to get these problems resolved in a timely manner....NOT MONTHS LATER IF AT ALL......ant I’m STILL getting double and triple  “ series recordings”  when trying to move a series up or down the priority list.  

AT&T’s takeover  RUINED DIRECTV

Message 9 of 15
Tutor

Any idea when the rest of us will be getting v114b? It would be nice to see all of our recorded shows in our DVR lists after all these months of dealing with the issue. I was told last week I should see it within 2 months. 

Message 10 of 15
ACE - Expert

@dancuccia wrote:

Any idea when the rest of us will be getting v114b? It would be nice to see all of our recorded shows in our DVR lists after all these months of dealing with the issue. I was told last week I should see it within 2 months. 

There's no way to know exactly when you'll get the update.  Usually it takes a few weeks for everyone to get the update.

Message 11 of 15
Tutor

How can I tell if I’ve gotten the update? Because if I have, I can tell you it doesn’t work! I’ve only got  2 of my over a dozen shows! I’ve done all the workarounds and even those don’t work anymore!

Message 12 of 15
ACE - Expert

@Joodee62 wrote:

How can I tell if I’ve gotten the update? Because if I have, I can tell you it doesn’t work! I’ve only got  2 of my over a dozen shows! I’ve done all the workarounds and even those don’t work anymore!

Check your software version in the Genie's System Information menu.  If you have v114b or later, you've got the fix.

Message 13 of 15
Scholar

@litzdog911

i have the v114b update on my Genie, and it in no way fixes the continued problem with our Playlist. Not only are recordings missing, but those that display in Series folders, are displayed in the wrong order. I have the settings preferences by date, with most recent on top. However, recordings made on other DVR's in our Whole Home Network do not reflect this correctly.

Seriously, after a solid year of this nonsensical update, is it not time to fire the useless developers who seem utterly inept in correcting the myriad of problems you persist in foisting upon your very unhappy customers??? I for one, have been a loyal DirecTv customer since the mid 1990's, and deserve better for your very expensive service. I keep up my end of the Contract by paying promptly every month. It's time you honored YOUR Contactual obligations too!!!

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Expert

@MizTek wrote:

@litzdog911

i have the v114b update on my Genie, and it in no way fixes the continued problem with our Playlist. Not only are recordings missing, but those that display in Series folders, are displayed in the wrong order. I have the settings preferences by date, with most recent on top. However, recordings made on other DVR's in our Whole Home Network do not reflect this correctly.

Seriously, after a solid year of this nonsensical update, is it not time to fire the useless developers who seem utterly inept in correcting the myriad of problems you persist in foisting upon your very unhappy customers??? I for one, have been a loyal DirecTv customer since the mid 1990's, and deserve better for your very expensive service. I keep up my end of the Contract by paying promptly every month. It's time you honored YOUR Contactual obligations too!!!

Well that's puzzling. Yours is the first post I've seen stating that v114b doesn't fix the "missing recording" bug.  I wonder if something else is wrong with your system?

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support