04-23-2014 11:10 AM
I'm tired of missing out on my recordings because during playback the screen freezes yet I still hear the sound and the only thing to do is delete the program.. There is no solution according to the people in the customer service department.
If this continues, I may have to find another cable company.
04-23-2014 12:22 PM
what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..
04-23-2014 6:42 PM
Is this happening only on local channels? or "cable" channels as well?
04-23-2014 6:48 PM
Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:
* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test
You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
* If the other tests pass, run the surface test. Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.
The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.
04-24-2014 8:55 AM
dcd's comment was aimed at dtvuser2013, not you tkp63.
Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!
Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!