Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Returning Direct TV equipment

Contributor

Returning Direct TV equipment

How long does it take to receive the envelop and boxes to return the DVR and Receivers?  I closed my Direct TV on 9/2/18 and still have not received anything in the mail.

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-11-2018 4:04 PM

Re: Returning Direct TV equipment

DirecTV no longer sends return boxes as AT&T changed the process almostaa year ago.

Now you take your boxes with their access cards still inside to a participating FedEx or UPS (not USPS) location for the free return.

Only if boxes are returnable of course. What are the model numbers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Model numbers are C41W-100 & HR44-700

What about the dish outside...does anything need to be returned?

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

The HR44 and C41W should be the oldest that are returnable

The recieving dish, cabling and other miscellaneous equipment is owned. Only the receiver and client boxes are leased and returnable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Tutor

In trying for 2weeks to return direct tv equipment 12 calls later holding o n for 42 minutes right now .Just ask them send box like they did for me to return the old receiver that stopped July 28. I got the box by UPS or mail? On front porch i packaged it up 2 days later at post office droop-ed it off. They got it no tv service for 2 weeks un called for.?! Now all I ask is send a box like before I will send it back promptly! I told you I don't have a car right now totaled it Sept. 18. Haven't found one I'm disabled need certain one. To remind you we still have bridges out from Hurricane Florence!! There is not UPS or FedEx near here

O

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

@R.Jones wrote:

In trying for 2weeks to return direct tv equipment 12 calls later holding o n for 42 minutes right now .Just ask them send box like they did for me to return the old receiver that stopped July 28. I got the box by UPS or mail? On front porch i packaged it up 2 days later at post office droop-ed it off. They got it no tv service for 2 weeks un called for.?! Now all I ask is send a box like before I will send it back promptly! I told you I don't have a car right now totaled it Sept. 18. Haven't found one I'm disabled need certain one. To remind you we still have bridges out from Hurricane Florence!! There is not UPS or FedEx near here

O

They don't send boxes anymore.  How far is your nearest UPS or FedEx shipping center?

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I work for Pac-N-Send In Belleview, FL. and we are an authorized shipping center for FedEx, UPS and USPS.  However we are currently not participating or aware that we can participate in this program.  Direct TV customer service keeps telling customers that we are a participating location when we are not.  How do we become a participating location?  Or is this not an option? 

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

I just disconnected service with a representative yesterday. I am uncertain whether I need to return the equipment. One rep told me that my equipment is all too old, and the other said I will receive boxes in 3 -5 business days. My email confirming disconnecting does not address this issue. I have the following models: HR22-100 (which I bought at Costco eight years ago),  HR23-700, and R22-200. The account does not reflect the fact that I purchased one of the units. I just don't want to be billed for any of this, and this thread indicates that boxes are not sent. Who do I believe about what my responsibility actually is?

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@TNVT11 wrote:

I just disconnected service with a representative yesterday. I am uncertain whether I need to return the equipment. One rep told me that my equipment is all too old, and the other said I will receive boxes in 3 -5 business days. My email confirming disconnecting does not address this issue. I have the following models: HR22-100 (which I bought at Costco eight years ago),  HR23-700, and R22-200. The account does not reflect the fact that I purchased one of the units. I just don't want to be billed for any of this, and this thread indicates that boxes are not sent. Who do I believe about what my responsibility actually is?

None of those models are returnable any more. Just hang on to them until your account is fully closed and billing settled to ensure they don't mistakenly charge you for them. 

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support