Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Returning Direct TV equipment

Contributor

Returning Direct TV equipment

How do I receive the box and shipping label to return the Direct TV Equipment?

Thank you,

Mike

Message 1 of 111
Contributor

Re: Returning Direct TV equipment

I cancelled my Direct T V service. They said they mailed the return box for the equipment but I didn't recieve it. What do I do?

Message 16 of 111

After several calls to DirecTV with no results, we finally filed a complaint with the FCC. That did the trick. We finally receive our return kit, and sent the equipment back.
Message 17 of 111
Associated Member

@JNAAS1952 What are the model numbers of your receivers? Some receivers need not to be returned depending on the model numbers. You can call 800-531-5000 to check if your equipment number is needed to be returned. 

When did you cancelled the account?

If needed, you should have received a letter on the postal mail or an email on the instructions. Boxes and prepaid labels were replaced with the new equipment return process of dropping off the equipment to the nearest participating UPS or FedEx store within the 10 mile radius from your DTV service address. The participating UPS or FedEx store should give you a receipt of the equipment return after they scanned the items that needed to be returned to DTV. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 111
Associated Member

@mghvdr (I'll just copy and paste)

What are the model numbers of your receivers? Some receivers need not to be returned depending on the model numbers. You can call 800-531-5000 to check if your equipment number is needed to be returned. 

When did you cancelled the account?

If needed, you should have received a letter on the postal mail or an email on the instructions. Boxes and prepaid labels were replaced with the new equipment return process of dropping off the equipment to the nearest participating UPS or FedEx store within the 10 mile radius from your DTV service address. The participating UPS or FedEx store should give you a receipt of the equipment return after they scanned the items that needed to be returned to DTV. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 111
Contributor

Reciever ID 0354-2661-0545 Serial no: C06BEICC604558 Model :H24-200 MFR:
2/16/11
Message 20 of 111
Contributor

Does my equipment need to be returned?
Message 21 of 111
ACE - Expert

Ok your receiver is model H24, that is the last HD non DVR receiver that is not SWM only so can use the old cabling system (which many people who have not upgraded to a Genie have). Most likely it is still returnable. However it appears that Directv is changing to all new services offered will have DVR models, preferably Genie (or new Genie-2, not recommended). So I would contact Directv to be 100% sure in case the H24 became non returnable before your account was canceled.

In summary for HD non DVR: H23 and older non returnable, H24 has been returnable but small chance that recently changed, and H25 is returnable as it is SWM only. Call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to verify.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 111
Tutor

i took my receivers to my local FedEx shipping location and told them that DirecTV said that all i needed to do was give them the receivers and my DirecTV acount number and Fedex would do the rest. The woman at FedEx had no idea what i was talking about.

I will now drive 35 miles to a UPS Store and try again. It was much easier when they sent the return box and label.

Message 23 of 111
ACE - Expert

@dll318, you really shouldn't do any of those things without explicit instructions from DirecTV.  UPS won't know what do either without appropriate instructions from DirecTV.  And you run the risk of the equipment being lost.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 111

Such a hassle. We will never recommend DirecTv to anyone. 
Message 25 of 111
Tutor

I did what DirecTV customer service told me to do.
These instruction are also on the AT&T website.
Here are the instruction from the site:

Return equipment for other AT&T services
After receiving your request to disconnect service, we’ll send you return
instructions via email or mail. Return the equipment by one of the methods
below at no cost to you.

*If notified to return equipment to FedEx or UPS*

1. Head to the closest FedEx® Office
or The UPS Store ®.
2. Bring the AT&T equipment listed in the email/letter and your 9-digit
account number. FedEx/UPS will take care of the rest.

Message 26 of 111
ACE - Expert

Though now owned by AT&T is not AT&T services, but Directv services.

Directv sends you return box by FedEx

Box has included prepaid label for return back by USPS (not UPS).

If you have some models not returnable you include the access cards in the box with the returnable models.

If you have no models returnable, Directv may send you a return envelope for the access cards only.

Any non returnable boxes are recycled, making sure to remove their access cards first. You can go to www.directv.com/recycle for a alternative shipping option.

From other users experiences it sounds like AT&T is changing return methods in select areas to more match how AT&T services return their products. Contact Directv 1-800-531-5000 and verify the exact method for you, that the physical service address is correct on both the account and return order, and if a return box has been shipped including what the tracking number is so you can follow up with the shipper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 27 of 111
Tutor

I did contact DirecTV. They no longer send a shipping box. They do want my
equipment returned. DirecTV customer service told me to just take it to
FedEx or a UPS store, give them my account number and the shipper will do
the rest. FedEx did not know what I was talking about. I will try a UPS
store.
Message 28 of 111
Tutor

Definitely use a UPS store. I just returned all our equipment yesterday and it was simple. They take your account# and scan the tag on the bottom of each box. Nothing more to it than that. They print off a receipt showing what boxes and which serial #s were returned. Definitely take the remotes, etc as well. While your receipt won't call them out separately, DirecTV still needs them back.
Message 29 of 111
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that the UPS store knew what to do.
Message 30 of 111
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support