Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Returning Direct TV equipment

Contributor

Returning Direct TV equipment

How do I receive the box and shipping label to return the Direct TV Equipment?

Thank you,

Mike

Message 1 of 111
ACE - Expert

Re: Returning Direct TV equipment

DTV only made one model of the THR22 it is a modified HR22 and yes it is non returnable as the only receivers DTV still wants back are the HR44/54 Genies and the HS17 Genie2 and the C41/51/61 minis and the H25.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 106 of 111
Tutor

Well I just got this email from Directv /ATT lol  -this just the pertinent stuff from the email - So ummm yeah, I guess I take them down to Fed Ex so they can tell me we do not take those??  Please advise and thank you

Hello, 

Thank you for your business. We've received your request and some of your DIRECTV equipment needs to be returned to AT&T via The UPS Store® or FedEx® Office —at no charge to you. 

Just follow these simple instructions and bring your Account # above along with the equipment listed below to the closest The UPS Store® or FedEx® Office as soon as possible to avoid non-return charges. (Please disregard any other notice you may have received.)

Gather the following equipment
No need to pack anything. Just put it in a bag, tote, or open box.

Make: DIRECTV
Model: H24-100
Serial #: A06PA0HJ2101
Make: DIRECTV
Model: H24-100
Serial #: A06PA0DT158

Bring it to The UPS Store® or FedEx® Office 
Find the closest locations here
The UPS Store®
theupsstore.com/locations
FedEx® Office
fedex.com/attreturns

That's it! The UPS Store® or FedEx® Office will:
Scan your equipment to prevent any non-return charges
Pack, label and ship the equipment back to AT&T, at no charge to you
Provide you with a receipt and return reference number

Our Return Policy

If your equipment is not returned and received by AT&T within 21 calendar days of your Service Disconnect Date your account or credit card on file will be subject to a non-returned equipment charge of $135 per HD or DVR receiver and $45 per standard receiver.
Any concealed damage that is determined to be the result of abuse may result in a charge to your AT&T account. For any damage disputes, please contact AT&T at 800.288.2020.
Message 107 of 111
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@Snoodler 

Within the last 2 years, DirecTV had changed it so that SWM-only boxes were returnable. That would be any Genie/Mini Genie (except the 1st generation HR34 and C31 per much needed improvements) and the most recent HD non-DVR (H25).

The H24 was confirmed awhile back that was not returnable, assuming because it could use the old system. But with the recent MPEG-2 shutdown, perhaps they are running low on needed stock for replacements and added it back in. Safest thing would be to take it to a participating FedEx or UPS store (not USPS) for the free return as directed. Just make sure to have your account number handy and keep receipt showing they took possession.

If the specific model is not accepted for return, I would hold onto it for a couple months just to be sure you don't get a non-return fee (NRF) in this case. After that you would be free to recycle the box. Just remove access card to dispose of like you would a credit card (if they didn't mail you an envelope for just the card).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 111
Tutor

Thank you, 

Yeah, I took them down to Fed Ex Store today - the H24-100s would not scan, but the lady inputted them in manually. Gave them the remotes also. I took out the cards in case they send me an envelope for them to be sent back. 

Got a receipt showing both being sent back. 

Directv did not ask for the Tivo DVR THR22 back. 

Thank you for the reply and help  8)

Message 109 of 111
ACE - Expert

@Snoodler wrote:

Thank you, 

Yeah, I took them down to Fed Ex Store today - the H24-100s would not scan, but the lady inputted them in manually. Gave them the remotes also. I took out the cards in case they send me an envelope for them to be sent back. 

Got a receipt showing both being sent back. 

Directv did not ask for the Tivo DVR THR22 back. 

Thank you for the reply and help  8)

Do not remove the access cards unless you are recycling the boxes. This is because the cards are attached to the account and scanned in with the box return. DirecTV is not setup to return boxes and cards separately. It is either together or card only.

However, as the H24 had to be inputted manually (makes sense normally being a non-returnable model), then it might end up being ok as they may recycle the box themselves or possibly refurbish if they have the parts so it can be used for someone who needs to use the MPEG swap program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 110 of 111
Tutor

LoL,  Well they told me that a letter would be sent within 7 days for me to send my cards back when I disconnected. 

I do have the receipt from FED EX showing the serial numbers of the receivers returned too.  Soooooooo??? Hopefully all goes through fine. 

Message 111 of 111
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support