Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Remote stopped working

Contributor

Remote stopped working

Hello well first my remote stoped working on everything did a reset and now everything works except mute, volume and tv off I can turn tv on I have tried all the remote setup procedures and nothing is working also have done reset on dt box when I go to program remote I doing have the choice of program tv 

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: Remote stopped working

What remote model number?

What DVR/Receiver model number?

See if these tips help .... http://soc.att.com/2iBrdKh

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mcharb
‎09-21-2017 7:09 AM

Press and hold mute and enter if its a genie for more then 5 secs

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 10
Contributor

I can't even get the menu button to work.  Can't change the channel. only tv on off and volume work

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

I held the mute and enter button and it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

@narjesclan

What model remote control do you have?

What model DVR/Receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Contributor

Remote Model is RC71 - Genie Model
DVR Receiver is HR 44-200
Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

@narjesclan, new batteries?

See if these tips help .... http://soc.att.com/2iBrdKh

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

I changed the batteries a couple of times.
Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@narjesclan, did you try the tips in the link I posted?  If nothing is working, then it's likely dead.  If you have DirecTV's Equipment Protection Plan they'll replace your remote for free.  Otherwise much cheaper from places like Amazon (less than $10). 

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support