Helpful Links

Refresh

Contributor

Refresh

How do i refresh my reciever?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Refresh

Go to https://directv.com/refresh  After logging in, this will take you directly to your "My Equipment" page where there is a "refresh receiver" link on each receiver.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Scholar)
Accepted by Tour_Guy_Bob
‎01-09-2018 7:19 AM

Go to www.directv.com/refresh and log into your account. You chose the receiver to refresh, and then on the next page where it gives you more info about it you click refresh. May take a few minutes for the receiver to receive the refreshed service authorizations. Mini Genie Clients will have no refresh of their own as they are just extensions of the main box so get refreshed together.

Are you getting a refresh message? If not, please provide more details about issue and exact model of boxes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

my Contract number is I had my equipment upgraded on Tuesday of this past week. In the process I lost 4channels. the tech people were able to restore 3of them but not the 218 golf channel that is most important to me . I am partially disabled. It has been a week and I have sent several messages. no reply. I bring up the information page and it says not subscribed. I have had this channel for months and months. I want it back. I already pay enough to Direct TV in excess of $. 90.00 How do I Get it back.? without incurring more cost ? I am retired.

Cordially 

Ian [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Johnave1 wrote:

my Contract number is I had my equipment upgraded on Tuesday of this past week. In the process I lost 4channels. the tech people were able to restore 3of them but not the 218 golf channel that is most important to me . I am partially disabled. It has been a week and I have sent several messages. no reply. I bring up the information page and it says not subscribed. I have had this channel for months and months. I want it back. I already pay enough to Direct TV in excess of $. 90.00 How do I Get it back.? without incurring more cost ? I am retired.

Cordially 

Ian [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Did you try the tips earlier in this thread?

If www.directv.com/refresh isn't working for you, then you need to call.  1 800 531 5000

What channel package do you have?  Are you sure it includes that channel?

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Johnave1 

The Golf Channel is still in the Xtra package and above. When you log into your account what exact package does it show that you are in? Just to verify there wasn't an accidental package change around the time you upgraded your equipment.

With your upgrade, what are the models of the boxes you have now? Do you know the models that were replaced?

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

First I cannot tell you what the original equipment that was replaced since it was DIrect TV that said it needed to be replaced.so I did a week ago. The following day I discovered four channels missing I contacted the phone number and a Tech man in the Philippines got three of them back but he could not raise the golf channel and said he would refer it to Network I gave him my email address I waited until yesterday and nothing happened. That's when I contacted you by email.
My wife tells me originally we bought the entertainment package. Some ten months ago I had the Golf Channel and kept using it. Some weeks ago we purchased DOG TV because of the monstrous politics. and wasted channels like sales and religious that we do not use.
In any event I have the new receiver
It is model number HR24-500
RID 0332 0527 7909
on the screen on the 218 Golf channel it says CARD 0036-6813-9946

Please do something. I am not adept at explaining. And I only have one eye that functions. to see screens.

The man in the Philippines said it looked like sometime in the past the package got changed but no more information than that. He then contacted the Network and said it would take some time and it has. I am not a happy camper. I assumed the golf channel was a Direct TV change . But I want the Golf Channel.
drop a bundle of useless others and give me that back. Enough already.
Cordially
Ian
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@Johnave1 

DirecTV does not have email support. This is a public forum that allows us customers to help each other out.

HR44 is the model of the 2nd generation Genie.

You mention having the Entertainment package. That package has not included the Golf channel. The only time Entertainment would see the Golf channel is when DirecTV does their free week preview of the Xtra package. If Golf channel was working on that package outside of the free preview, then your boxes service authorizations were not correct as it should have dropped off by itself. The refresh on the account with the new equipment fixed what was stuck. Golf is only in Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier.

So for you truly are in a package below Xtra, then you were receiving the Golf channel when you weren't supposed to and now the error is fixed. Sorry, I know that is not the answer you wanted.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support