Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Red Circle with slash

Teacher

Red Circle with slash

how do I get the red circle with the slash in it to go away? I restarted every DVR in my house and in my house and can only play it in the bedroom. It shows up red circle in every other room. I restarted the bedroom DVR and it still shows up everywhere except the bedroom. I recorded the movies downstairs and they same thing happens throughout the house. Is it time for new DVRs. I have a genie HD DVR, and another HD DVR I record on.

Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Red Circle with slash

Yes! I did. Didn't help... and I reset the one in the bedroom again, for the third time, just to make sure.

There's only so much resetting I'm willing to do, before giving up.

I just may delete these shows/episodes, and download them again from OnDemand. If the problem persists, for some reason,

I can at least watch them on the living room TV.  It's just that this is an issue I've never had before, and it's frustrating...

because it makes no sense. Some recorded shows are okay, while others aren't? I don't get it.

Message 16 of 18
Teacher

I deleted the episodes of Better Things and What We Do In The Shadows (both on FX)  that I was unable to play on the bedroom receiver, and re-recorded Better Things episodes from OnDemand. Again, the bedroom receiver will not let me play them. The red circle/slash symbols are back.  I have ALWAYS been able to watch all recorded shows on the bedroom receiver... no matter if they were recorded from OnDemand or not. I tried to record What We Do In The Shadows, but I wasn't allowed to (service temporarily unavailable...?). It appears that no FX shows are on OnDemand at the moment.

I recorded a baseball game yesterday, and a movie from TCM, and they will play, no problem. I am also recording another show from HBO right now, and that is also okay. I tried to record something from live FX tv, and that also will play, no problem. Could it be that only FX OnDemand shows are having this issue? 

Message 17 of 18
Teacher

After much experimenting, the problem seems to be this: All shows recorded from FX OnDemand will not play on my bedroom receiver. No other shows/channels are affected, whether from OnDemand or live TV.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support