Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more 

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Highlighted
Teacher

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Went into watch previous recordings in my playlist and a lot of the recordings that are always there are just gone. Some very old recordings are there, but newer recordings have totally disappeared.  What is the fix??

Message 78 of 509
Tutor

Most of recordings disappeared

Most of my recordings on my HR54/500 suddenly disappeared within the  past 24 hours. My hard drive is now 92% free and was about 50% free yesterday. The content suddenly gone does not show under Manage Recordings/Recording hHistory as it should when deleted. I have spent an hour on the phone with Customer Service. They have no answers and when they ran diagnostics no errors were detected.

They have offered a new recorder. This is a really odd deal. I can’t help but wonder if the new software is the problem but they said no one else is reporting this issue.

Message 1 of 509
ACE - Expert

Re: Most of recordings disappeared

This is usually a symptom of a dying hard drive.  If resetting the DVR (red button near access card) doesn't restore those recordings, then they're gone forever.  Replacing the Genie is recommended.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 509
Tutor

Disappearing TV Shows

TV shows are disappearing from my DVR after about a month.  It only happens to first run programs from big networks like nbc and CBS.   My recording settings are "keep until disk is full" and I am only at about 40% capacity on the hard disk.  This does not happen with syndicated shows or movies.  What is going on?

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 509
Contributor

playlist disappears

For whatever reason, my playlist is not showing all my available programs.  I know I didnt lose them, still shows I have 30% free.  If I hit sort(the 0 key) twice sometimes they come back. Now I did the same thing it would not come up until I hit tv shows and sorted again and now everything is back.

Message 4 of 509
Contributor

recorded programs disappear from playlist

I record a program and it appears in the playlist for a few days and then disappears. It usually reappears in a few days. Many recordings are just not displayed in the list when I want to watch them

Message 5 of 509
Contributor

Recorded programs keep disappearing from my DVR

Programs that I have in folders keep disappearing even though I have NOT deleted them.  This has happened more than once.

Message 6 of 509
Teacher

Re: recorded programs disappear from playlist

We have a tech coming this evening to replace the DVR.  Did your problem go away?  Seems if you reboot by pressing the red button on the DVR the playlist will be 'whole' for awhile, and then go away again. I hate losing the DVR with all the recordings on it.  They need to find a way to change out the DVR without having to lose the playlist.

Message 7 of 509
Employee

At the moment this is a known software issue. Temporarily exiting the playlist then opening it back up again should correct, or resetting the Genie as mentioned above should work if that does not. However, the main cause for this has been determined and a software patch is to be released.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 509
Tutor

playlist disappeared

Our play list keeps disappearing, we know the recorded shows are still there based on the percentage available.. but we can't see them.  We have refreshed both genies and reset them.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't and they reappear on their own.  This started happening a couple times in the past two weeks. 

Message 9 of 509
Tutor

Re: playlist disappeared

This happened to me even when I upgraded my equipment. I have called tech support many times but they are unable to help. I finally discovered that I would loose my playlist when ever I watched video on demand or any show I watched using my Wi-Fi. As soon as my video on demand was over I lost most of my playlist. The solution I found was to simply shut off my TV and my Direct TV receiver for 30 seconds or longer. Then turn the system back on and the playlist was back. I don't know why but I am guessing it is a software problem, because I never had this problem until we got the new Direct TV software upgrade a while back. Hope this helps you. I tried this on all of my TVs and found I had the same problem, but when I shut down the system using my remote control my playlist would return. 

Message 10 of 509
Tutor

This happens when you watch video on demand. After watching your show if your playlist is gone simply turnoff your receiver using your remote and wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on. Your playlist should return.

Message 11 of 509
Teacher

pressing 0 in ALL RECORDINGS  will display all recordings, but in alphabetical mode, but latest (default) will not show all .  as others have stated.

Message 12 of 509
Teacher

Recorded shows have disappeared from DirectTV DVR

I just went to my Playlist and over half of my recorded shows have disappeared! I looked at the history and a few show as ‘canceled’ (which I did not do), while others aren’t even showing up there at all. I am a single person household so there is no one else here that might have done it. Has anyone else experienced this?! I’ve tried to be very careful about not deleting an entire series after having made that mistake more than once with the disappointingly disastrous “improvements” made recently. (Don’t get me started... I absolutely hate the new, confusing format but that’s another matter entirely.)  I assume there is no way to retrieve the now missing shows? I’d recorded quite a few movies that I’d not even watched yet! 

Message 13 of 509
ACE - Expert

Re: Recorded shows have disappeared from DirectTV DVR

There's a bug with whole home that causes that. Hopfully will be fixed soon.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 509
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support