Recording searched-for programs

Tutor

Recording searched-for programs

If I search for a program that will air sometime in the next two weeks or so, no problem.  But if I search for one that is going to air in, say, a month, it won't actually record.  In the first case, the recorder knows the channel as well as the network.  In the second case, the recorder knows the network, but not the channel.

I noticed this today when I happened to see a commercial for "Manhattan" starting tonight.  I had heard about it a while back, searched for it, and set it to record... but the series manager showed no upcoming airings.  I had to search again and add another recording.

How do I get the recorder to actually record what I want, and not just leave a vague reminder for me to maybe notice if I happen to scroll through the Series Manager, hopefully before I miss the pilot?

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Recording searched-for programs

a fail proof plan is to set the show to record not mote than two weeks in advanced when the show is actually in the DVRs guide data base

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Recording searched-for programs

If you had just let the DVR do its job, odds are the episode would have recorded anyway....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support