Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

Recorded programs don't show up on list

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

I got the update. It worked for two days. This is ridiculous!

Message 106 of 119
ACE - Expert

@henselmarilyn wrote:
I got the update. It worked for two days. This is ridiculous!

What version did you get?

0x114b has worked fine for me now for several days.  All recordings showing in Playlist.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 107 of 119
Tutor

I have 0x114b and has been good for several days now.

So far, so good!
Message 108 of 119
Tutor

My 0x114b update was installed on 1/8/2019 and I've had no problems since
then. I've noticed an interface appearance improvement also. I hope this
finally solves the annoying problem of incomplete recording lists.
Message 109 of 119
Teacher

For whatever reason, mine has/had been fine for a couple of weeks prior to the latest update, so mine has been a non-issue for at least 3 weeks.  Prior to that I was rebooting the DVR at least twice a week.  I got update 0x1112 on 11/5, that didn't seem to make any difference for at least 3 weeks, then suddenly the issue went away. Then I got the latest update 0x114b on 1/8.  Everything is showing on the recorded list without incident.  Not sure why the problem went away prior to the latest update, but it did.

Message 110 of 119
Contributor

how do you know when your machine has received an update
Message 111 of 119
ACE - Expert

@Katzmom001 wrote:
how do you know when your machine has received an update

The FF/REW progress bar will look different (smaller).

Also, you can see your software version in the Genie's System Information menu (under Help/Settings). 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 112 of 119

i still only have 0x1104.... no update since August....  it inconceivable how long it's taking them to roll this out to everyone... 

Message 113 of 119
Contributor

thank you
Message 114 of 119
Contributor

Anyone heard of any progress on the software update that will fix this issue? I've been having the exact same problem for 5+ months and I'm sick of dealing with it. My primary Genie never shows all of the recorded programming, even on the All Recordings screen. It also sorts funky, sometimes putting sports in the Kids category.

Going to the history to find shows is annoying. I need the fix!

Message 115 of 119
ACE - Expert

@CaliPete wrote:

Anyone heard of any progress on the software update that will fix this issue? I've been having the exact same problem for 5+ months and I'm sick of dealing with it. My primary Genie never shows all of the recorded programming, even on the All Recordings screen. It also sorts funky, sometimes putting sports in the Kids category.

Going to the history to find shows is annoying. I need the fix!

Read back several posts.  Folks are getting the fixed version (v0x114b).  I got it last Tuesday.  

Message 116 of 119
Contributor

Is there anyway to force the update?  Mine is still stuck on August update???

Message 117 of 119
ACE - Expert

@Bernster wrote:

Is there anyway to force the update?  Mine is still stuck on August update???

Yes. But don't do it.  No way to ensure what software you'll actually get.  You might end up with beta test software that could brick your DVR.  Best to wait for your Genie's turn. 

Message 118 of 119
Contributor

Had same problem, went to manage recordings >upcoming recordings >program not on list, and cancelled season and series recording. Then just went to guide and re-recorded series, and it showed up on my list with no star to the right of record symbol, hope it works for you , Joe S

Message 119 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support