Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

I was on chat online today... they say they were able to 'permanently fix this issue' as we were online by resending/updating their signal to my main receiver.   All I need to to is 'reset' by disconnecting the power cable when I get home .. I am not  home so I won't know yet if the fix worked until this evening
Message 91 of 119
ACE - Expert

@tavenarius wrote:
I was on chat online today... they say they were able to 'permanently fix this issue' as we were online by resending/updating their signal to my main receiver.   All I need to to is 'reset' by disconnecting the power cable when I get home .. I am not  home so I won't know yet if the fix worked until this evening

Don't believe it.  That support rep was clueless.  The only true fix for this "missing recording" bug is the new software update (v1147 or later).  Some folks have reported getting it within the past week, so hopefully a broad rollout is just starting.  But it can take several weeks for everyone to get it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 92 of 119

We got a new receiver.  It did not fix anything.

Message 93 of 119
ACE - Expert

@henselmarilyn wrote:
We got a new receiver.  It did not fix anything.

Right.  Because it's not a hardware issue.  Won't be fixed until your Genie gets v1147 or later. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 94 of 119
Tutor

4 months later and this is still an issue?

One of the biggest ways we use the recording feature is to be able to watch football games after church on Sundays. We don't make it home right at noon kickoffs so we prefer to ignore social media, our friends/family who may speak to us about the game and start it from the DVR as soon as we can at home.  Guess what now doesn't work?!?!?!?  And this has apparently been an issue for quite some time?  We just got an update a few weeks ago and noticed this happening now.

The DVR shows all indications it's recording the game and we can usually find it AFTER it has recorded, but the only place we've been able to locate the show itself during recording is on media server from a PC, which does us ZERO good to be able to watch it on the TV with full use of the remote control functions.  What exactly are we paying for???

20181230_132524.jpg

20181230_132533.jpg

20181230_132602.jpg

20181230_132611.jpg

Message 95 of 119
Teacher

DTV is too expensive to have to put up with these problems. I'll be switching in a couple months when my commitment is up.

Message 96 of 119

my promised, 100% guaranteed fix... didn't work.

Message 97 of 119
Teacher

PLEASE switch, it should only cost you about $20.00 a month to switch. I got DISH in October and canceled DTV and my contract was not "up" until April.....my cost to cancel early was only $80.00.

If you call DISH at this number 844-326-9577 and give them this code ELG641942274, you can get $10.00 a month off for ten months or 20 free movie rentals. We love DISH. I get calls, emails, and mailings from DirectTV on almost a dailt basis offering me great deals. When I ask them if the "problem" has been fixed, they have no words.

Make the move, you will not regret it. Good luck. [Smiley emoticon]

Pleasese type your reply above this line -##
Message 98 of 119
Contributor

When is this 'update' going to take place????????.....it is now January 2019.....I am tired of re-setting my dvr.....and I do not want to go to the recorded shows...I would like to see them in the menu....I am looking for a different provider, this is crazy!

Message 99 of 119
Contributor

This has not been SOLVED!

Message 100 of 119

I have had this same problem for months.  Called DTV and they said they were trying to fix the problem and would send me update emails on their progress.  Many months later, no email updates yet.  I did receive a notice in the mail that ATT is raising prices in the near future.  I have tried to contact DTV by CHAT for the last several days and there is a sign on CHAT that says "CHAT BUSY".  I now have contacted DISH and they want to provide service at $48.00 less per month for 2 years (for the same comparable plan.  Guess since I can't get in contact with DTV, I will switch providers!  Also, I will then avoid the $10./ mo. for the HD channels on my monthly statement.    Bandonbigfoot

Message 101 of 119
Contributor

how do I find the genie's history menu.  when I open the menu only one instance of a program is available.  when I deleted 1 instance of the program the entire list of recordings for that program disappeared from the List menu

Message 102 of 119
Tutor

I received v114b I believe it was yesterday,  A couple of recorded programs were not what the title said but so far no missing recorded shows.  Time will tell.

Message 103 of 119
Contributor

Well ours has been doing it. We rebooted. Lasted 10 min Smiley Mad

Message 104 of 119
ACE - Expert

@CottonQueen wrote:

Well ours has been doing it. We rebooted. Lasted 10 min Smiley Mad

Yep.  Only the software update will really fix it. 

Message 105 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support